We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highlighting for visited pages

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
reviews: 8
Highlighting for visited pages

Why does it no longer highlight pages that I've visited? This just started following the maintenance window last night.

Mark

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
21. Re: Highlighting for visited pages

It's still happening for me. I can understand another device not showing pink. If I have read threads on my iPad, but then go to my iMac where the threads I read earlier show blue stamps because I haven't read them on that machine. And vice versa. That part I get.

But when I finish with one forum (e.g. British Columbia) and go to the Canada forum, then come back to the BC Forum to find the stamps are still blue, grrr indeed.

The other one is replying to a thread on a forum, e.g. British Columbia, submitting that gives you the thread with the reply attached .... then clicking back to the BC forum to look at the next topic, where I see the topic line that I just replied to has a blue stamp. That one I don't get.

I wonder if the glitch will ever be completely fixed.

22. Re: Highlighting for visited pages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2014