We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

riberac
reviews: 138
Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

I recently posted a review on 'Bucca alla Molina No.1' in Italy. This was posted on the 12.11.12 and has yet to appear. Please could you tell me if there is a problem.

Kind regards

Lesley

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
1. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Hi Lesley,

Are you saying that you submitted a review November 12? If so, could you look in your contributions and see if it appears as pending (and post back to let us know). If your review is showing as pending and it's been less than two weeks, it's just a question of waiting. Contacting TA Staff won't be of benefit at this point. If your review is not in pending and not on the site, please post back to let us know.

Thanks.

L4

riberac
reviews: 138
2. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Thanks for your quick response. I have re-checked my contributions as you suggest and the review in question is not pending. I have since (Nov 17) posted 2 further reviews and they have already been published so I don't know what the problem is with the one I have questioned. Have you received it?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
3. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

This forum is member to member support and everyone who posts here is just a member like you and I.

If the review is not showing as pending it has not been received by Trip Advisor, so I would suggest you re submit it. Occasionally Trip Advisor send out verification emails. Failure to respond to that verification email would result in your review not getting posted.

Once you resubmit your review you should receive a 'Thank you for posting your review' automated email from Trip Advisor and then your review should show as 'Pending' in your contributions folder.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
4. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Hi Lesley,

Do you remember if you got a thank you for submitting your review email? While you may need to resubmit, I'd suggest first contacting staff. For this issue, you can use this form to contact TA Staff:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/UserReviewSupport

Status of review/select the review or Not Listed

L4

Edited: 7:46 am, November 22, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 839
5. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Did your reviews ever show as 'pending'?

I have had the odd review show as pending then disappear.After contacting TA it did return and was posted.

Tommo

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 73
6. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Recently i wrote a review and saw it posted on the site. I checked back on it 2 hours later and for some reason it was "pending" again. I checked a couple of hours after that and it was on the site. The next time I checked, it was, you guessed it, "pending" again!! Now it seems to be up for good, thank goodness gracious.

My recent peeve is that I asked for two photos to be deleted from a review (not my latest review) because I found them to be blurry for some reason and re-posted the same photos (sharper) again but I got a message back from TA that they were unacceptable (?????) and that they would not post them. Not only that but my review has been deleted also. (???????)! Why weren't these things deemed unacceptable when they were first posted? I can not figure out what is unacceptable about them (????)

Skee-oing!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
7. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

Hi CubanWaters ~

Well is your review removed or not now? <<Now it seems to be up for good, thank goodness gracious.>> but <<Not only that but my review has been deleted also.>>

You will be able to contact TA to ask what happened to your review.

The way to do that is: Help Centre (bottom of page) > Contact us (left side) > User Reviews (left side) which takes you to this place:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Then in the first drop down, choose "Status of my Review," in the second drop down, choose "Not listed."

There are quite a few reasons that a review can be taken down. TA is also taking a close look at photos to make sure they are about the location being reviewed and that they are original photos. TA will let you know what the problem was.

Edited: 1:38 am, November 24, 2012
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 73
8. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

MultiMaxandmama, I am referring to 2 different reviews. <<Recently i wrote a review>> and <<a review (not my latest review)>>.

Thanks for the link but I have already contacted them. The photos are original for sure.

What gets my gizzard, is that I have reported others people's photos/reviews being in the wrong spot or whatever but I'd be darned if anything is done about it alot of times, even though I have received a thank-you letter from TA for me doing so. There always seems to be something that needs adjusting or tidying-up and I usually contact TA about it.

Good Evening.

Edited: 2:05 am, November 24, 2012
9. Re: Dear TripAdvisor where is my review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 16, 2013