We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

UK
reviews: 89
Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

Added a restaurant on Sunday, got an email today (Tuesday) saying it was up. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
1. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

Congrats--I'm still waiting ( not really) for the two places I wanted to add in August. No adding, no response to email and right now--I could care less!

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

Sometimes I think stuff just drops through the cracks and gets lost in TA, electronic equivalent of when you read about they demolish a post office and find a bunch of letters behind a wall from 1926 or some such.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 871
3. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

My submissions to add are all getting listed in good time, but I haven't gotten an email notification since . . . 1926 I think ;-)

dublin
4. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

My reservation wasn't on file joe.

Wassup?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
5. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

I agree, Joe, I think sometimes things slip through the cracks. If a listing hasn't been added 4 weeks or more after I submitted it, I resubmit it. It usually works better the second time around.

I keep statistics on this. Of the 35 listings that I submitted in the last 30 days, which TA has added to the site, only one took more than a week to process. That one took over a month, but when I resubmitted it, it was added in only 3 days.

Most listings were added in 1-3 days. I should quickly add that these are all new listings, in English, for Canada; I have no idea if TA's performance in other languages or parts of the world is similar.

I started to receive notifications on a regular basis (after a very long drought) on Oct 30, and now I seem to be getting notifications of new listings about 50% of the time.

Edited: 11:56 pm, November 21, 2012
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 871
6. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

Whoo-ee. I just submitted three restaurants (in the USA) and they were listed within two days *and* . . . I got notifications on all three :-)

7. Re: Crikey, new restaurant added in two days AND an email!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013