We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"tripwow" and Facebook

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
"tripwow" and Facebook

I do NOT have a Facebook account. I never have had one, and I never will. But I was recently on a trip through Greece. Upon returning home, I created a "tripwow" with my pictures. I have done this before on two previous trips. All three times, I get comments on the thread on the TA forum where I posted it. And also, all three times, I get comments from random strangers in my "inbox" from people that I don't know. Their full name is listed, "Joe Smith" has left a comment about your tripwow. There is also a picture of the person, not your typical avatar that you would see on Trip Advisor forums. There is a button to reply to them. I am never able to reply as it requires that you log in to Facebook. Not a big deal, and it has never bothered me much.

But today, I got another comment in my "inbox", NOT the TA thread, and this woman made the comment that she hoped I would do a trip report about where we stayed. While I was in Greece, I did indeed do "live" trip reports, five of them, from Athens, and the four different islands we visited. But I can not reply to her at all and let her know how to find the reports.

How are these people accessing my tripwow, if not through trip advisor? And is there any way for me to reply to her without joining Facebook? The full name is always given, but it is no one I recognize. I don't recognize the person in the picture either.

Any ideas?

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
11. Re: "tripwow" and Facebook

Yah, yah, I know... daughter and I were going to head to Spain and Portugal in May next year but now she has decided to go back to school. Oh well!

BUT!!! Gold Coast City is hosting the Commonwealth Games in 2018, so we are hoping to head your way again!

L4, you are right, it is just like you say; they just send me a notification.

Thanks again for all the help!

12. Re: "tripwow" and Facebook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:07 pm, January 13, 2013
13. Re: "tripwow" and Facebook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:07 pm, January 13, 2013