We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

U.S.A.
reviews: 15
Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

Hello. I tried installing the Tripadvisor offline city guide on my iPhone 4S, but I got a compression error. I've tried it 3 times. I Install the app, then I click to download Paris. About 66% of the way through it gives me an error that says "Decompression of data failed with code -3". My phone has a capacity of 57.3 GB. I have 52.2 GB available. I'm running iOS 6.0 (10A403). Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 137
1. Re: Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

Just to check if the problem was with IOs 6, I downloaded the Paris guide on my iPad 2 (the app is an iphone app) also on iOS 6.

Do you have the latest version of the App (updated on Sept. 7th)?

If you do, get in touch with TA Staff in charge of the apps directly from inside the app--click on the "i" icon on the top right of the app home page. You'll see a Feedback button that opens an email form for you.

Silvia

Galway
2. Re: Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

I have downloaded the app but get this same message when attempting to download the San Diego city guide.

I also get a "request timed out" error when attempting to download the New York guide.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 137
3. Re: Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

I just downloaded the San Diego city guide to my iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1) without issues (using wi-fi and a relatively slow Internet connection) in less than a minute. Same with the NYC guide but it took several minutes. Installation slowed down while downloading photos.

If you were using 3G, maybe you want to try again using wi-fi. Time outs are usually due to slow connections.

Silvia

4. Re: Problems installing Paris offline city guide...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 14, 2014