We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Redding, California
Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

A friend asked me to be a travel connection via the Facebook app. However, there is nowhere (that I can see) that I can accept this request. I've gone to the Facebook app, I've even gone the roundabout way to click on an 'accept' link that just brought me to the app page. There is no such thing on the site (again, as far as I can tell) so ... what is this? Why can't I do anything with it?

The request remains pending and is, at this point, a mild annoyance purely because there is no way to actually ACCEPT it.

33 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

I have the exact same issue, no idea I'm afraid.

Orangevale...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

I too have the exact same problem. Is there no one at Tripadvisor who monitors this forum or attempts to help?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 146
3. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Hi there,

This forum is primarily a member-driven forum. Do send an email to the staff through the Help Center:

www.tripadvisor.com/help (there is a tiny blue hyperlink at the bottom of each page)

On the left column, click on Contact Us > General Support > Site & Features > Local Picks

I'm assuming that you are all discussing Local Picks as it is the only app that TripAdvisor has on Facebook. Was this request sent by Facebook or by Tripadvisor?

Did you check this page: https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php

Silvia

Edited: 11:53 pm, July 21, 2012
Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
4. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Same problem. The link that Silvia gave seems at first to be more helpful, as it lists all pending requests with an individual "Accept" button, but when you click on that button the same thing happens as everyone else has reported, i.e. you get taken to a TripAdvisor app page where there is no button to accept the connection. Has the connection been accepted then? It seems not, because if you then click on Silvia's like again, the previously shown requests are still there.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

"you get taken to a TripAdvisor app page "

Can you confirm that the TripAdvisor app page is Local Picks? If it is local picks, click on the tab Foodies. Check that page. There is an Add Friends orange button there. Maybe you see a sign about the friend who invited you. Also at the bottom of that same page, you'll see two buttons, Following and Followers. Are you following anybody? I'm imagining that if you accept a friend's invite and it works, you'll see his/her name under Following. Just a guess.

Silvia

Firenze, Toscana...
reviews: 107
6. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Thanks for the link, that's where the request I got was. How were we supposed to know where to go? Just saying ....

Mille grazie!

Newton...
reviews: 13
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
7. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Hi all,

It looks like this may be related to our Cities I've Visited Facebook app. I've passed this thread and issue to our Facebook team to investigate and will pop back when they give me more information about what is happening here.

Thanks!

TA_Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Thanks, TA_Jeanine. I totally forgot about the Cities I've Visited app.

Silvia

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
9. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Hi. Thanks for engaging on this.

The page I get taken to is the "Cities I've Visited" page, and on that page there is nothing to accept the pending request. That's also not where "Foodies" is, so I can't use that piece of advice.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?

Claude,

Please read the post above mine, by TA_Jeanine. She works for TripAdvisor and is looking into it.

Silvia

Reply to: Accepting Travel Connection Requst In Facebook?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted