We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edit a review

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 16
Edit a review

How can I edit a review I have already posted? Just one word that I think gives the wrong impression.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
1. Re: Edit a review

Hi Daniel:

Unfortunately you cannot modify or edit a review. You will have to request Trip Advisor to remove it first of all, but make sure you make a copy of it and save it as a word processor file. You can then make the necessary amendments and resubmit it.

To do this, you should contact Trip Advisor User Review Support at this link:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Where it says *How can we help you?: from the pull down menu select 'Remove my Review'. and then at *Which review?: select the appropriate review.

You have to ask yourself, is it really worth it for one word.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
2. Re: Edit a review

Hi Daniel;

TA staff will NOT edit your review.

www.tripadvisor.ca/help/can_i_edit_my_review

Also, you can NOT edit your own review. You have two options available to you;

1) Leave the review as-is.

2) Ask TA staff to remove your review, correct it, and then re-submit your review, by using this link.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_remove_a_review_y…

Best Regards

Everett, Washington
reviews: 8
3. Re: Edit a review

Bummer, the author should be able to edit their review. I know from personal experience that I've left off words, used the wrong words or punctuated incorrectly. If there's a way to edit a review, I sure have not found it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
4. Re: Edit a review

Lynda ~

There are two ways you can process your reviews more reliably.

At the bottom of the review template there is an orange "submit your review." To the right of that is a blue print "preview your review." That allows you to see your review in a different format to check it over. You can then "make changes" if necessary before "submitting."

The other way is to write your review in a Word document. Use spell check. Sleep on it and read it once again the next day or two. What's the hurry, right? Remember to check the title as well. Once you are satisfied with what you have typed, copy and paste it into the review template and submit.

In the review box, you can actually "grab" and "drag" the hash marks in the bottom right hand corner of the text box to enlarge it. This will allow you to see your whole text in full context. Just be careful you don't drag too far to the right as you will lose the hash marks to drag it back again. If that happens, you really have to click on "preview your review" and then "make changes" to restore the box frame lines.

Even the reply box below has hash lines in the bottom right corner to grab and drag the reply box wider and longer.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 16
5. Re: Edit a review

Actually, the problem with my review that originally prompted this chain of posts was not in the grammar, punctuation, or spelling, but was in the way other TripAdvisor users interpreted it. It would be useful to be able to edit your own apparently misleading review in an easier manner, because I presume most people will not later take the time to follow the steps you have outlined and misinformation, or at least information that is interpreted improperly, will remain on the site.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
6. Re: Edit a review

Daniel, I've read your excellent reviews. There are management responses, but how would you know how other TA users interpreted one of them?

7. Re: Edit a review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 14, 2013