We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city guide app

Canada
reviews: 34
city guide app

I've downloaded this a couple of weeks in prep for a trip

I tried it yesterday and it is NOT working. downloads 95% and then stops. Keeps saying has to download upgrade.

What's happening?

Thx, Rose

Milan, Italy
reviews: 22
11. Re: city guide app

Silvia, thank you for your assistance - but once the pdf file opens on my browser I am still not able to save that document (a City Guide) in pdf format to my desktop. The Adobe Reader is the latest version. I have never had the problem before and had saved some City Guides of the previous years. When I open those files I can click on File and then "Save" which then allows me to save to my desktop. This time it is a mystery.

Ciao, Olga

New York
reviews: 2
12. Re: city guide app

Hello,

I have downloaded the app in preparation for my trip to Europe. I also downloaded the city guide for my current city in hopes of testing the app and the fact that it works offline. I turned off all cellular data to test out the offline aspect. However, it keeps giving me an "interference error" message when i attempt to use the "point me there" function. Please explain if i'm doing something wrong as I want to be certain the app works when traveling.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Edited: 12:53 am, February 12, 2013
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 99
13. Re: city guide app

The Point Me There function relies on being able receive a GPS signal so that it can know where you are and can calculate the direction of your destination.

So make sure you have not disabled your GPS receiver or perhaps if you are indoors the signal is poor - try it outdoors away from tall buildings and trees.

New York
reviews: 2
14. Re: city guide app

thank you! i will try it again!

California
reviews: 30
15. Re: city guide app

I am having this same problem on my iphone 4s. I was not able to "clear" my cities by swipping. So I deleted and reinstalled the whole app, and then downloaded Budapest and Prague. The app loads and then when I go to the city in the app it says syncing saves and check-ins and there it gets stuck at 25% or 50% if I hit reload several times. When I go to the Sync page it says "updating" under my trip. There are check marks for Maps, Reviews and Photos.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 156
16. Re: city guide app

RM,

Swipe to delete is from right to left, not left to right. By swiping right to left, you'll get a "Delete" (or remove) button you need to tap on.

Last week, I was testing this issue for another user who was stuck downloading the San Francisco guide. I got the same syncing issue but after waiting a few minutes, I tried again and it worked.

Try also with wi-fi, as opposed to cellular data. ]

Silvia

Edited: 1:44 pm, August 01, 2013
California
reviews: 30
17. Re: city guide app

It will not clear, which is why I deleted the whole app and started over - still get the problem. It syncs everything except the "My Trip" part. I have only been doing this on wifi....

Any other suggestions?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 156
18. Re: city guide app

I'm afraid not. Try contacting TripAdvisor staff via the Help Center:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Site & features > Mobile Apps

Yet. If you manage to open one city guide, I think it is best to use the feedback button at the bottom of any guide. The email goes directly to the team n charge of these guides.

Silvia

19. Re: city guide app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions