We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Tokyo
reviews: 9
Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

I'd like to submit a review for a restaurant we visited, but it seems like the Javascript on the Write Review page is broken so there is no way to submit the form after filling everything out. Clicking the Submit button does nothing.

Tried this on Win 7 Internet Explorer and Firefox, and also on a Mac with Firefox and Safari.

Anyone else having this problem?

White Plains, New...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

For me the button is the "tell us about a new restaurant". It goes to the submit button and just sits there. FWIW: I'm using Firefox 4.0.1

I'm wondering whether I should even bother with tripadvisor any more...

London & Birmingham...
reviews: 316
12. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Same here - I can't add a listing for an eatery that's not listed. Tried IE, Compatibility Mode, Chrome, etc.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 131
13. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Yes, I reported a few weeks ago that the Listing form for restaurant was working well, i.e., not allowing to submit.

I managed to make it work on my iPad, but so far, no luck with either Safari, Firefox or Chrome for Mac.

Silvia

Newton...
reviews: 12
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
14. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Thanks all, our engineers are actively looking into this here and have a few theories. I've sent them an email asking for an update and will report back as soon as I hear the status.

Jeanine

Newton...
15. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Our engineers are still looking into this. They wanted to know if anyone who has this issue (the submit button doesn't work) could try a "private" browsing session in their browser to see if this now works for them.

Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
16. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Hi Jeanine,

I tried submitting a new restaurant listing using Safari private browsing. The submit button still does not work.

Silvia

Newton...
17. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Thanks Silvia- appreciate your trying that and will pass on that it didn't make a difference.

One more thing -- from an earlier thread can you try disabling AdBlock if you are using it? (it wouldn't hurt to just turn off all add-ons to see if that breaths life back into the Submit button).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k6362168…

I'm not sure if you have AdBlock installed, but this is worth a try since disabling it resuscitated a non-working Submit button for Joe.

Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
18. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

I don't have Adblock in any of my browsers.

Newton...
19. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Hi folks,

Thanks for your patience while our engineers have tried to figure out why the Submit button isn't working for some folks-- they have fixed what might possibly be causing it and the fix will be live Monday evening (the 13th). We hope this will address the issue, but please let us know if you still continue to have difficulties with this after the fix is live.

Jeanine

Edited: 11:24 pm, May 08, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
20. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

I just tried the listing request form for restaurants on Safari for Mac and is now working.

Thanks, Jeanine.

Silvia