We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Tokyo
reviews: 9
Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

I'd like to submit a review for a restaurant we visited, but it seems like the Javascript on the Write Review page is broken so there is no way to submit the form after filling everything out. Clicking the Submit button does nothing.

Tried this on Win 7 Internet Explorer and Firefox, and also on a Mac with Firefox and Safari.

Anyone else having this problem?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 154
1. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Bump

www.tripadvisor.com/help/what_does_bump_mean

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
2. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

I was doing a bit of searching about this topic and found another thread to do with javascript buttons although a different issue:

tripadvisor.ca/…14086128

Perhaps you could start by clearing your cache, close your browser and restart it again. It does seem really odd that it's happening on so many computers/browsers so it could be something else but it's worth a try.

L4

reviews: 1
3. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

My new iPad won't submit reviews either. It just goes round and round the "please complete the red area" cycle. So I'm rather losing interest in trip advisor. PhilipM

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 58
4. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

My iPad does the same. I did one review fine and the I get the fix the stuff in red alert with nothing in red.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Hi PhlipMI and Dreays7:

Could one of you open a separate. New thread with an appropriate title, such as error submitting review with IPad?

TA staffers usually respond to those thread but may not see it on this one with such different subject line.

Cheers,

Silvia

sydney
reviews: 1
6. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Same issue on my iPad

Brecon, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Fill in the whole review, then when I submit it has deleted the overall rating & won't let me re-enter it - very frustrating!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Jaapclark,

You just submitted a review three days ago, February 17th. Are you using the same computer or tablet and the same browser?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186454-d112…

Silvia

Brecon, United...
reviews: 18
9. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

Exactly the same - I write the review, go to submit it & the overall rating has gone & I can't re-enter it

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Can't submit a review -- Broken Javascript buttons?

There must be a problem with your browser. I dont believe other member reported this issue recently.

Please go back to this forum main page and click on the orange button Ask a Question, to start a new thread. In your post, type the problem you are having but include which browser you are using and whether you are using a PC or Mac.

Silvia