We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New iPad app is buggy

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
New iPad app is buggy

I upgraded my TA iPad app and saw it had a new veneer and was faster when the links were clicked on. At times one has to click on the links and wait. Other times it is fast. If I search using the main search on TA and then get results and then try to click back it hangs. I cannot even get back to home Within then forum posts. Links dont resolve into links but just text

In the past I did not have to restart my iPad to get the TA app to work but I have had to do it numerous times. I dont think this release was tested at all. Just a smoke test to show off the veneer and the speed and shipped. come on TA make sure your qa team has a good test plan and tests the basic features before shipping the release

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
11. Re: New iPad app is buggy

It's strange that the iPhone / iPod Touch app actually has more functionality than the iPad app. Links work in forum threads on the iPhone app, but not the iPad. Once I look at a destination forum on the iPad, I usually have to exit the app and restart it in order to open a Beyond Destinations forum. That never happens with the IPhone app.

Edited: 6:11 pm, February 09, 2013
Cornelius, North...
reviews: 90
12. Re: New iPad app is buggy

I agree, I have reported the link problem more than once with no resolution. Since it works fine on my PCM and phone, it is clearly the ipad app.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
13. Re: New iPad app is buggy

I got so frustrated with the IPad app, I deleted it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
14. Re: New iPad app is buggy

new upgraded ipad App. version 7.02 --says it has better pics (sic) videos but the same forum issues exist.

I guess forum fixes are not important. Have you seen the new iphone app ? there is no back button if one goes into a post, one has to click on the breadcrumbs to get back to the forum. Humm. I think people who design and test the mobile apps never use them.

has TA thought of using TA members to test their apps. I will be happy to help instead of just complain

Sigh

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 132
15. Re: New iPad app is buggy

"The online travel company announced Friday that it would license TomTom’s global geocoder services to provide more precise information to help its users more easily locate the hotels or restaurants they visit and leave reviews for them."

TA_Jeanine posted this is a bug that will be fixed. "ETA for the back button to come back is a week from Monday (the 13th). "

Silvia

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
16. Re: New iPad app is buggy

cool thanks for the update on the back button Bug.

How does one release a product that way. Like releasing a car without a reverse gear tested to make sure it works.

Any updates on the Ipad App which has the same bugs from a year ago.

17. Re: New iPad app is buggy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014