We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on forums: # users helpful post

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
reviews: 31
on forums: # users helpful post

When a person ask a question on the forums and it is answered and others agree or think it is helpful a place where a user can click <or tap> that the post was helpful or recommended. And it would say both on the mobile and desktop versions "_# of tripadvisers agree woth this post"

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
1. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

There are countless scenarios whereby acknowledging a reply as 'helpful' maybe unsuitable - the answer could be a reply to another question posted in the midst of the thread - not to the OP, the answer/reply could/can be outdated information, people with limited knowledge may start hitting the 'helpful' button which may not be accurate.

I also believe lazy readers will start looking for just the 'helpful' answer/replies, which can lead them to miss other important information on the thread, and or read things out of context.

Just my $0.02 (ex GST)

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
2. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

Hi

This has been raised many times before in slightly different guises and whilst some agree it would be a good idea many of the people who contribute to HUMTAB do not like the idea

Personally, I like it

va
reviews: 5
3. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

I wish they would reinstate it or remove the "no"

Chester, United...
4. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

"I wish they would reinstate it or remove the "no""

Sorry I am confused - reinstate what???

Alfe Menashe, Israel
reviews: 21
5. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

Why don't you add section for flight companies, We had a flight from hell and there's no section for flights.

Chester, United...
6. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

Thats_10

It is always best to start a new thread for a new suggestion

However, your suggestion has been raised many times before - see link below to one such thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k65754…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 341
7. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

KVE is right, a bad answer could be validated or given more weight by such a system.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 455
8. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

I agree that some threads go on forever and include useless chit chat and finding the answer can take quite a while.

I have participated to some tech forums and many have a nice feature. The OP (and only him) can click on an answer and select it as "it answers my question". It would also discourage some people to keep posting useless chit chat or just repeating what has been said several times already. Also, the posts getting this mention show up at the top.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 758
9. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

TripAdvisor

is

Not

facebook.

!

Edited: 4:49 pm, September 13, 2013
Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
10. Re: on forums: # users helpful post

This isnt about facebook. Its about useful information being used and received. There are some great answers that get lost in the midst of chit chat. I believe some kind of answer with high regards would be useful to most users. Just like the rating system that is currently being used