We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complaint to trip adviser about there service

Complaint to trip adviser about there service

Why haven't you posted my review? I have returned from a dreadful holiday and for the first time wrote a review, yes it was honest but that's my view? So why haven't you published it.? Why do you make it so difficult to contact you to complain directly?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 70
1. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Baa1605;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is primarily peer-to-peer assistance.

Have you looked in the "Contributions" area on your profile page to see if the review is showing as "Pending" ?

If your review shows as pending, it has not yet been vetted by TA staff.

As a new user of TripAdvisor you need to understand that reviews are NOT posted to the site immediately upon submission. TripAdvisor receives an average of 11,000 reviews each day. During summer, that number increases substantially.

Reviews from new users can, and usually are, a bit slower to be posted. They can be posted in as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

As it has been less than 2 weeks since you submitted your review, I would suggest waiting a little longer.

As for contacting TA staff about your review...if everyone contacted TA right away, we'd being saying, "three weeks" instead of "two".

:-)

Best Regards

Edited: 1:48 am, September 04, 2013
USA
reviews: 206
2. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

To ask TripAdvisor staff instead of fellow members click on the tiny Help Center link at the bottom of most TripAdvisor pages.

Click on Help Center from the popup menu.

Click on Contact Us in the left column.

Click on User Review and Ratings Support in the left hand column.

Select status of my review from the How Can We Help You drop down menu.

Select the establishment in question or Not Listed from the Which Review drop down menu.

Select a Less Than or More Than 48 hours button.

Fill in the property name.

Fill in the Location/City.

Ask about the review in the comment box. Include a link to the property if you selected "Not Listed".

Click Submit.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
3. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

You might also check your SPAM folder in your email account. For first time reviewers TA sometimes send out confirmation emails asking, "is this your review?", and often those go to SPAM folders.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 70
4. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

Hi Baa1605;

Just as an FYI...TA staff have commented that contacting them prior to two weeks would just be a waste of your and TA's time.

Best Regards

USA
reviews: 206
5. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

"Just as an FYI...TA staff have commented that contacting them prior to two weeks would just be a waste of your and TA's time." Then why would they not say so on the form? Why is there an option to pick less than or more than 48 hours? Why does the form say "Please allow 24-48 hours for a review to be posted." If they wanted they could have you choose between less than or more than two weeks and give you a message to bugger off if you choose less than two weeks.

No one, certainly not TripAdvisor staff, have answered Baa's big question. "Why do you make it so difficult to contact you to complain directly?"

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
6. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

To be fair, Baa hasn't been back to receive suggestions on how to communicate with TA properly in 24 hours. Let's see if Baa realizes that this is a largely volunteer-operated venue, and responds accordingly.

Hoogo, TA workers do not hang out on this forum. They have work to do (vetting all those reviews - you really expect them to monitor these forums and answer questions when there are better ways of contacting them).

TA has the usual website layout, it's not rocket science to figure out how to contact a TA staff person (and the instructions are given in this forum).

If I ran the place, I'd have minimum standards as to word count, grammar and spelling before I'd put a review up...and I'd look much more carefully at people who are new posters than they're doing now (they are quite generous with letting questionable reviews, both bad and good, to be published).

Magog, Canada
reviews: 552
7. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

There are many places that the OP can click to contact TA directly.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 809
8. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

Baa1605 is a brand new member who wrote a 'poor' or 'terrible' review but we have no way of knowing when they submitted it. Many new members do not realize that their reviews do not instantly post here, and they do go through an auto-filter to help determine if they are in compliance with the review guidelines. Often reviews written by angry travelers are not in compliance.

I'd vote for you, LeB ;-)

Edited: 5:54 pm, September 08, 2013
9. Re: Complaint to trip adviser about there service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions