We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Search by "Stayed" month

Newcastle Upon Tyne
reviews: 52
Search by "Stayed" month

We have been known to travel at christmas or other off peak times. It would be good to see reviews from people who have stayed at a hotel in the month you are planning to visit. Especially as entertainment is often scaled back at these times.

Thanks.

Clinton, New Jersey
reviews: 85
1. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

That's exactly what I was going to post about!

I am making reservations in October for a property, and when I do a search, I get a few recent pages from August, or I have to go to the beginning of the reviews which are from 2004 and 2005! The range of pages has no "middle point" to try to find the month I am interested in.

I know that for some properties, there are so few reviews that it doesn't matter, but the one I was looking at has 467 reviews, and the first few pages are all from August 2013.

Maybe there could be an option to select "month visited" as a sort on reviews? There is already "Date" and "Rating". Also, for properties with a lot of reviews, to only see this year's reviews would be a great thing.

I work in computers so I know it's not as easy as pie to make changes, but to be able to check out reviews of properties for the month you will actually be traveling would be SWEET!

PS - this same topic was posted in January 2012, and closed in February 2013. The reason I did not email TripAdvisor directly is that there is no "suggestion" category to select.

Edited: 12:11 am, September 02, 2013
Chester, United...
reviews: 60
2. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

This has been raised a few times before and I do agree it would be a useful feature

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 99
3. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

I can see this being a useful feature.

You can specify a date range for your planned stay to get a price quote so it would be a good idea to have an option to position the review list to show reviews for that time of the year.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 101
4. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

I also think it is an excellent idea, just makes life so much easier. 8)

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 80
5. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

I agree. This would be especially useful for destinations that have definite seasons.

==============

2rh ~ a cumbersome but feasible workaround is this:

Look at the XV Beacon in Boston for an example: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d94337-R… Try to find reviews for October.

The URL ends with this g60745-d94337-Reviews

Page 2 ends with g60745-d94337-Reviews-or10

Page 3 ends with g60745-d94337-Reviews-or20

The reviews are still August. Make a guess that reviews from last October are on page 13 and try g60745-d94337-Reviews-or120 Hmmm. Reviews are Aug & Sept 2012

Another guess, page 11 g60745-d94337-Reviews-or100 Bingo!

But these are only the reviews from 2012. It would be ideal to see all the October reviews written for this property.

Edited: 1:15 pm, September 02, 2013
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
6. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

I personally don't want others tracking both when and where I travel. It's enough that there's a where visible. If username and user location were taken out of the search results, it would be okay and I'd continue to review.

Then, in that case, it would be great to also be able to search by "couples" or "family." But I really don't want PM's or spam sent to me because I appear to be going to X continent every winter or whatever.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
7. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

.http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154943-d1063797-Reviews-or10-Rosewood_Hotel_Georgia-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html#REVIEWS.

I'm going to say something like Pacific's but a different way. I've put a period up against each end of the URL above so it won't hyperlink and not make sense.

There are 10 reviews per listing page. The above URL is for page 2 of a hotel listing. Page 2 would hold reviews # 11-20, or the second set of ten reviews, and in the middle of the URL you can see the -or10-. (Page 1 has no -or- at all.)

Just change that number by multiples of 10 to skip over pages to earlier months. Works a charm.

And I like the idea of being able to find reviews for a certain month. Different season, different experiences, different review comments.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
8. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

I'd love to filter out every review where they say that they stayed ONE NIGHT...

9. Re: Search by "Stayed" month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 10, 2014