We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

I would have resurrected the thread on this suggestion, but I couldn't find it!

A while back (days? weeks? months? It all runs together!) the suggestion was made that when a member submits a correction, the acknowledgement e-mail refers to the actual place (restaurant, hotel, etc.) and not just include a reference number that is meaningless to the original member. Today, that happened! I reported a duplicate restaurant, and the e-mail acknowledgement has a portion of the review linked to in my report! So excited about this change! I hope that is a change that will be carried forward!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
1. Re: New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

Now, if I could just get my corrections corrected after 6 months, I'd be a happy camper, even without an acknowledgement e-mail!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
2. Re: New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

Trotting off to see if TA made some corrections I submitted for Tok, Alaska . . .

Whoo-hoo!

It's all fixed! THANK YOU TripAdvisor staff :-))

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g31145-Tok_Alask…

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
3. Re: New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

The thread you're thinking of is here: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k5194864-…

And it's also on the "mini-list":

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k5172497-…

Thanks for the info, Zoey, I'll update those threads & the Traveller Article.:

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 143
4. Re: New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

Zoey,

I'm a bit confused, are you reporting a change in the auto-reply when we submit a correction or when reporting a review? ("Today, that happened! I reported a duplicate restaurant, and the e-mail acknowledgement has a portion of the review linked to in my report! So excited about this change! I hope that is a change that will be carried forward!")

Unfortunately, reports incorrect Attraction listings are not including the name of the Attraction. I just reported one and got the reference number ref:_00DA0I0Rf._500F0Apc8u:ref and no indication of what listing I reported.

Silvia

5. Re: New acknowledgement e-mail for submitted corrections!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, July 17, 2013