We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

Puerto Rico
reviews: 9
Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

I just called TA customer service at 617-431-5424 to express my great concern and dismay about this change in the rating system, its lack of transparency and the lack of ability to comeback against false (or malicious) reviews.

I was told that they are very much looking to get feedback about the brand new rating system so I would encourage anyone who has strong feelings about this to CALL them and let you voice be heard.

All the best,

Miri

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
1. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

I can give them feed back,It is wrong and quite possibly illegal, as a regular contributer to TA over the last 8 years i can say that i think it is quite the worst thing that TA has EVER implemented.

please take this function down now.

los angeles
2. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

I agree. Over the past 4 years my business has had 16 five star reviews, and never anything less than a five star review.

Suddenly, there are a bunch of poor ratings on my business's page, mostly from anonymous "A TripAdvisor Member", and all occurring within the last few weeks, many of them on a single day.

There is no way that these are legitimate ratings from someone who attended our event. Either my competition is sabotaging my business, or there's a glitch in the system.

Where is the accountability for these ratings?

I think most business owners are generally friendly towards TripAdvisor, and many of us promote it on our websites because it has always been fair to the business owner AND the traveler (unlike Yelp which filters most of our legitimate reviews).

I've always promoted TripAdvisor on all of my marketing and promo materials, website, and social media. This ratings thing is a bad move. I'm taking their badge off my site until they get this right.

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Puerto Rico
reviews: 9
4. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

Fair enough. I'll repost this there. However, I think this should also concern folks who have been using TA as a impartial source of information.

All the best,

Miri

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

this is a subject that is of major conceder not only to owners but to everyone and should be openly discussed on both support and Humtab forums, this is not a subject that can be dismissed easily and is of interest to EVERY TA member.

I really do think this is a major problem for TA that needs to be sorted before it does lasting damage to TA's reputation.

Edited: 5:57 pm, February 27, 2012
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 78
6. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

I agree. I have just asked for all my ratings to be deleted, I hope that will happen soon and that others will do the same. But there will be so many who don't bother to do this who rated everything just to get rid of the pop ups that the ratings cannot be trusted to be a fair representation of people's opinions.

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

RiconPottery, yes do post on the owners forum but remember that the advice you are being given is by ordinary TA members both here and on the owners forums, getting the real story from TA or any reply from them is unlikey on either forum.

Edinburgh, United...
8. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

I think the hornets nest has just been disturbed.I am off to bed I reckon the hornets will be well and truely buzzing around by the time I wake up.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
9. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

Oh for heaven sake this just isn't a problem for owners but the whole community. We as regular posters take a lot of flak for what TA does and this just goes to show you that they don't think very highly of either the owner or the community.

Edinburgh, United...
10. Re: Let TA know what you think about the new rating system!

well said msfuzz.

i am definately offf to bed now.

Get answers to your questions