We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine And Cheese

Kihei, Hawaii
reviews: 110
Wine And Cheese

kind of like food and drink, can TA make this a forum category or is it inappropriate.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
1. Re: Wine And Cheese

Where is it?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: Wine And Cheese

Seeing as this is a travel site, I don't see how it would fit. Could you expand on your suggestion? Or, are you looking for a more social forum such as the Off-topic Forum?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic_…

Hope you don't mind a bit of humour: do you mean wine or whine?

L4 :-)

Kihei, Hawaii
3. Re: Wine And Cheese

I was shooting for worldwide. New wines, Interesting vineyards. right now all I know of is you can ask this question in any loaction forum category.

Can I ask it here IDK ? looks like I did. As I love a new experince and great activities on vacation/holiday I do also love to seek out food and drink in my adventures. We go to Napa/Sonoma just for tasting and food and realxation follows. Cheers シ

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
4. Re: Wine And Cheese

Thanks for writing back. I suspect that the destination forums are the best place. Your question does make me wonder if there would be enough interest in having a forum to discuss Wine Holidays. Perhaps it would attract wine afficiandos. There are forums for business, beach, etc. travel. I think it's a good question.

L4

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
5. Re: Wine And Cheese

I can actually see that becoming a popular forum, but then I'm from Oregon's wine country and often visit wineries when we travel. However I can see the discussions quickly becoming destination specific (where to start, how to get there, etc)

They don'T have a food and bev forum here either, but that too quickly becomes destination-specific.

Idk. I wouldn't object to it.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
6. Re: Wine And Cheese

So you're suggesting that TA create a new non-destination forum for Food & Wine Travel? That is an intriguing suggestion, since that is definitely a popular type of travel, and there are already forums for Road Trips, Train Travel, Destination Weddings, Beach Vacations, and so on. Also, TA has recently recognized Food & Wine as a category in the 2011 Travellers' Choice Awards: tripadvisor.ca/TravelersChoice-Food-cTop10-g…

Edited to add: Well, it seems we're all of a similar opinion as well as being uncannily synchronized.

Edited: 9:08 pm, January 25, 2012
Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 73
7. Re: Wine And Cheese

And we could have one for Seafood and one for Chocolate, too. Both big draw-cards, IMO; foodily speaking.

And even one for Fast Food - which would be like the Bargain Travel equivalent of a fine food destination.

Luigi

PS Good to see the Support DEs back here too. Marks this one as winner, I guess. :)

Kihei, Hawaii
8. Re: Wine And Cheese

thanks for all the positive feedback guys/gal シ

that last link is what I been looking for and would like to see that become more discussion based. was happy to see some of my fave cities involved in the top and only opened USA and Asia so far, and of course Canada as the link went. how come I never got that, I have "Best Hotels 2012" and 15 Great Cities to Discover" when I open TA ??

was in Vancouver and Whistler this time last year with a group of 5 and we did only BC wines, 2 or 3 a day. all were good (really good) aside the 2 a young wine store employee recomended. they were Blasted Church and Red Rooster, they were passable, however we didn't know BC wines would be so good and fair priced.

planing a trip to S Africa this year and already been researching wine tours. I know I can take this to the Cape Town forum. just trying to unite as we always wont travel the same destination and a good review or post could get this credit card happy traveler motivated for any destination. Cheers ❀

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 65
9. Re: Wine And Cheese

With so many good wine states and the different tastes and varieties around, I can't see how it could be a bad idea. In my own travels through Virginia and parts of Pennsylvania and New York, wineries are a pretty big deal, to the point where folks plan trips around tours and tastings. I can only assume it's the same way on the west coast, not to mention Europe. I know that wineries are listed here (I reviewed one in Sperryville. VA), so why not add a forum?

P.S. I can't say I'd be against including breweries and distilleries in the mix, either.

Edited: 12:47 am, January 26, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
10. Re: Wine And Cheese

And on the food front, most places (even my city!) have local specialties that foodies would be interested in trying, if they knew about them.