We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting & Bag Fees

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 6
Connecting & Bag Fees

This is probably a stupid question so I apologize in advance...

I have a connecting flight with United. I understand that I have to pay $15 per checked bag, do I have to pay this for both flights?

Thanks!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 73
1. Re: Connecting & Bag Fees

Hi,

No.. So long as they are on one single ticket and are a same-day connection, you'd pay the fee only once..

Example: You are flying UA from Calgary (YYC) to Chicago (ORD) then on another UA flight to Orlando (MCO).. You'd only pay one fee for the bag(s) that you check in YYC..

Of course, you will pay again for the return trip, under the above example, you'd do this in Orlando.

Travel Safe,

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: Connecting & Bag Fees

Sounds good, it is on one ticket so sounds like we only have to pay it once.

Thanks for your help!

Ottawa
reviews: 1
3. Re: Connecting & Bag Fees

I just came back on a United flight and paid 25 bucks, not 15. But I paid once.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 73
4. Re: Connecting & Bag Fees

Hi,

I recall that the $15 charge for first bag is for US Domestic/Trans-border (Canada) flights and when *pre-paid* online (in advance) versus $20 when it's paid at the airport at time/day of departure.

Travel Safe,

5. Re: Connecting & Bag Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 10, 2011