We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Folsom, CA
reviews: 1
UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Does anyone know if United is on track with the installation of the new true flat beds in business class?

I will be booking 2 tickets to Europe in about a month and would prefer to book business class, but only if I know it will be on a reconfigured aircraft.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

New York, NY
reviews: 13
1. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Wikipedia has up-to-date fleet configuration information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_airlines

To summarize as of today (June 10, 2008):

1 out of 30 B747's has been converted

4 out of 35 B767's has been converted

0 out of 52 B777's has been converted

This gives you pretty poor odds of getting a new business class plane. Over at Flyertalk.com they are reporting that there is no way to guarantee the new configuration in advance, you have to cross your fingers that the new configuration shows up at the gate. Finally, the current pace is about 2 planes per month, so it will be quite some time before you can book a new business class seat with confidence.

Folsom, CA
2. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Thanks for the reply and great information. Given the current condition of US based airlines, I will probably book whatever is available and then start praying that the airline is still flying in June of 09! I will as the UAL booking agent when I book if they know anything, but it is looking like it will probably be the older configuration when we fly.

Texas
3. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Right now the 2 767 flights from ORD-LHR and IAD-FRA are usually the newly reconfigured planes.

Folsom, CA
4. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Thanks for the information on the ORD and IAD flights. When I check the dates in May I want to travel, the flights from IAD are either 777 or 747, so not sure what our chances are, but I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Folsom, CA
5. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

Sorry, wrote too soon and after too many after dinner drinks, I do see the 767 from IAD on my travel date. My apologies....

6. Re: UAL Business Class Reconfiguration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 30, 2009