We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Singapore
reviews: 89
Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Ok, this is going to sound weird...Bear with me.

I have a flight from SIN-ADL (transit KUL), departing SIN at 7pm and arriving ADL at 7am. As the SIN-KUL leg of the journey is only 1hr, no dinner is served. Instead I will be getting supper on the KUL-ADL segment of the flight.

Ditto for the return journey ADL-SIN, departing at 2.30pm and arriving home sweet home at midnight. A late lunch will be served, but sorry, no dinner (?).

I have read from an old post that MH usually serves sausage rolls before touching down in KLIA. Any recent travellers know whether this is still offered?

Or can we stroll up to the galley and order something light (pastries/sandwiches) for the kids? I would prefer not to pack my own food as long as there is something decent to eat around dinner time.

Thank you folks!

26 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 33
1. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Don't think any airlines allow you to < stroll up to the galley to order something >

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 55
2. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

From memory the flight attendants usually bring round light snacks - crisps, pastries, fruit etc etc so you could grab some of those when they are passing. Otherwise you can stroll to the galley and ask for a pre-packed snack.

I doubt whether "sausage" rolls will be served on a Malaysian carrier. More likely chicken rolls.

Edited: 7:27 am, September 04, 2014
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
reviews: 156
3. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Arriving at KLIA from Sydney at 3.00am on our last flight something like a sausage roll was served. Hard to tell if it was a sausage roll or what but it was discarded after one mouthful. Texture and taste was %$*#. I didn't notice any one on the flight who had more than one bite.

It was more like an old, reheated many times, past expiry date Chicko roll.

London, United...
reviews: 87
4. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Steady: Could it not be a Chicken Sausage Roll?

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 35
5. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Flew with them in April and they had the 'sausage rolls'. Was on at least one of the sectors between London and Sydney and on the return.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 55
6. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

"Sausage" implies that it is made of pig meat which these will definitely not be. As said, they are more than likely chicken rolls and they are not very nice anyway as LsBob has pointed out.

London, United...
reviews: 87
7. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

How do you figure that sausage implies pork? Sure, a Pork Sausage would certainly be pork, but a sausage can be made from any kind of ground meat. (And of course vegetarian foods now too).

Singapore
8. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

I seem to have started a healthy debate on the definition of "sausage rolls". LOL

It seems like the "sausage rolls" (thanks LsBob) are pretty inedible. So I guess I will save the bread roll and crackers from my "late lunch" for dinner time hunger pangs. And hopefully the stewardess will offer some delectable snacks/pastries. And if not, there is always the option of a late dinner during transit in KLIA?

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread! Cheers.

Long Island
reviews: 40
9. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Wait...someone us still flying this airline?

Singapore
10. Re: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?

Me! ;p

Reply to: Does Malaysia Airlines still serve the Sausage Rolls?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted