We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austrian Airlines Seating Questions

St. Louis, Missouri
reviews: 94
Austrian Airlines Seating Questions

Hi,

We are booked on a flight from Chicago to Vienna, and then from Vienna to Toronto returning to the US, which we booked through United but are codeshare/operated by Tyrolean/Austrian Airlines. After booking I realized that I can't reserve seats. Called United - they can't do it for me. Called Austrian Airlines - the phone number from the US is worthless (rings and rings, or busy signal - called about 30 times!). Even had a friend call from within Austria and no help. I really need assigned seats due to a medical issue. Is there ANY way to get them pre-assigned? Do I just wait until exactly 24 hours before my flight and gamble? I'm willing to pay for better seats even, but I'm really anxious that it will be a nightmare and so uncomfortable. Any insight anyone has on how to make this happen is appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 91
1. Re: Austrian Airlines Seating Questions

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7624533…

Are you calling this phone number:

1800-843-0002

Have you tried using their webpage?

New York City
reviews: 6
2. Re: Austrian Airlines Seating Questions

How did this work out? I am very upset. I just booked a trip from Vienna to Dulles via Toronto (Austria Airline under Air Canada) and they will not let me reserve a seat. I called Air Canada and they told me to call Austria. I called Austria and they told me they can't reserve until 36 hours before the flight. I can just see me sitting in the last row in the plane! Any advice is welcomed, thank you!!!

St. Louis, Missouri
reviews: 94
3. Re: Austrian Airlines Seating Questions

It ended up well. No one can reserve earlier. All my calls were in vain too (I even had my friends in Austria call within the country!), but I was able to reserve my seats 36 hour in advance and get the seats I wanted.

Reply to: Austrian Airlines Seating Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted