We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Middlesbrough
reviews: 22
Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

We will be travelling to the DR from the UK on 27/9 with Thomas Cook and have reserved our seats at the rear of the plane.

We've taken lots of advice about what stuff to take with us such as UV protected Suntent and swimwear, buggy with mosquito protection etc etc.

We are planning to order baby milk and pick it up @ Boots airside at Manchester save any problems with security and plan to feed him whilst taking off and landing to help with any ear pressure etc. We also have a baby sling to help him laydown should he be tired.

We are taking 1 or 2 toys but we are travelling with 4 other adults so we plan to pass him around if he gets bored, his generally a happy baby........(What the chances for 9 hours he will be the complete opposite)

Are there any other recommendations people can make/suggest, it would be appreciated

regards

David

8 replies to this topic
South Riding VA
1. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Hi,

I have no words of wisdom, but I don't know exactly what you are asking....other things to travel with?

But, in any case, your post hasn't rec'd any play. Don't be afraid to say something like "like" to push it to the top. There is someone out there that has some advice, but I might suggest, it might work better if you had a more direct question-chris

Auckland, New...
2. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Disposible bottles are great for traveling...saves having to clean them out. Tommee tippee do stackable ones in packs of 5 - saves space in your luggage.

Also- bring more changes of clothing than you think you'll need- both for you and baby!

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Lots of bibs, especially if he has the teething dribbles, more nappies than you think you could possibly need, extra food, maybe some powder, in case a diversion or delay with the flight, and Ehrm, I always found a little infacol knocked my daughter straight to sleep at that age,,,obviously I only ever gave her it for wind:-))

Might be worth thinking about what he will eat when there as well, and what to do for the flight back.

Wishaw, United...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Second vote for disposable bottles (and ready made milk in small cartons if they can arrange that air-side), however my lifesaver when flying quite often with my son was his dummy...... definitely made all the difference, and no sore ears :-)

Waterloo, Belgium
reviews: 415
5. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Coffee.

I travelled with my 7 month son to Dominican Republic - a while ago.

He started to sleep about 30 min before landing.

However I did look cute and had the favours of all the staff - a young father, alone with his son...

So yes, nappies, games, bottles, and being ready to not sleep.

Have fun !

Middlesbrough
reviews: 22
6. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Thanks for the replies very much appreciated

Cabarete, Dominican...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

ipad with baby einstein. gold.

Cornwall
reviews: 8
8. Re: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic

Loads of extra nappies and muslins. My friend just returned from Cancun but their flight was delayed by 18 hours... they ran out of nappies on the plane as the baby caught a tummy bug.... and the poor little thing didnt sleep a wink despite only having 5 hrs sleep the night before due to the delayed departure. No ones idea of fun!

Reply to: Travelling with a 8 Month to Dominican Republic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted