We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting Qantas

Changsha, China
reviews: 10
Contacting Qantas

I had the misfortune of buying a Qantas airline ticket in China. However, after contacting Qantas in China by phone (once when the call actually went through and was picked up) found that they had no record of me or my booking. I have since been given a proper booking number by the travel agent, but whether I call Qantas in China or Australia to give them the number, they will not pick up the phone or are busy. I am wasting a lot of time and money here for the last two days. If my flight was today and this happened to me, I wouldn't be getting on the plane tonight! They have also not responded properly to any e-mails sent in the 3 weeks prior to this when I first realised the booking number given by the agent was wrong (and too long). I'd like to know what is going on and is there any sure way of contacting them. It seems in China that after lunch and Friday afternoon they just let the phones ring out! Australia doesn't even pick up at all.

9 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Contacting Qantas

So you now have a proper booking number from the agent.

Can you not just put this reference into the 'manage your booking' part of the Qantas website? Can you make your changes online? What do you need to speak to them about?

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 103
2. Re: Contacting Qantas

I had the misfortune of buying a Qantas ticket in China.

Why was this a misfortune, who did you buy the ticket from. Was it direct from Qantas or did you use an agent.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
3. Re: Contacting Qantas

It seems that the OP actually had the misfortune of buying an airline ticket through a travel agent.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Contacting Qantas

>> I have since been given a proper booking number by the travel agent, but whether I call Qantas in China or Australia to give them the number, they will not pick up the phone or are busy. I am wasting a lot of time and money here for the last two days.<<

Sounds like you booked through a travel agent. What do you need to speak to Qantas for? If to make changes to flights etc they will direct you back to your travel agent. If it is to select seats etc you should be able to do this through MMB

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Contacting Qantas

Not sure of the OP's problem either. Maybe he/she was charged twice.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 55
6. Re: Contacting Qantas

How do you know the booking number is wrong if you haven't contacted them?

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 159
7. Re: Contacting Qantas

Dear Lilijp (OP),

We at the Air travel forum have been trying to contact you for the last 2 hours since you posted your question, and you have also been notified by email that we replied. However we are yet to hear back from you.

In regards to Qantas Australian Call Centre number, I use it regularly and have never waited longer than 10-15minutes (usually much faster).

In any case, you chose to book via an agent, so therefore it should be their job to sort out any issues you have - that is what you paid them for

Changsha, China
8. Re: Contacting Qantas

The Chinese Travel agent has given me a 13 digit number. Manage your booking requires a 6 digit number. I am hoping if I get through to them, they can give me the 6 digit number that I need and also I need to register my identity with them as when I did get through once, they had no records of me or my booking.

Changsha, China
9. Re: Contacting Qantas

The original number I had was 21 digits long and Qantas had never heard of it. I was able to get a 08 starting number later from my Chinese friend who booked it for me. I think this is the number they want.

Reply to: Contacting Qantas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted