We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with thomas cook

London, United...
Booking with thomas cook

Hello, I'm looking to book a holiday with thomas cook next month. Is it possible to book it then add transfers/inflight meal sect a week or so later via the online booking on the website or do I need to buy it all in one go

Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Scotland
reviews: 53
1. Re: Booking with thomas cook

You can add them on later via the manage my booking online. They usually do a bundle deal.

Edited: 6:18 pm, August 28, 2014
London, United...
2. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Thanks mulzy :)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: Booking with thomas cook

You can't add transfers via Manage my Booking. They're normally included in a package. If they're a payable extra you have to book them at time of booking, or you can book transfers later with flexibletrips.com/transfers_only/search.jsp

Scotland
reviews: 53
4. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Lilacstar, the transfer issue is a personal choice and also depends where you are travelling too. I have only ever taken the tour companies transfer when it was included in the cost of the holiday and usually for short transfers. As I book independently now I tend to book local transfer companies on the recommendation of previous visitors or book/take a taxi. Personally I don't want to sit on a coach for any length of time whilst it drops everyone and their Granny off :0)

Stockport, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Sorry to tag on to this question but I have a related question. We have booked a package deal with TC and we are not using the transfer option. If we get to the airport before the transfer coaches arrive will we be able to check in or will they make us wait?

Edited: 5:42 am, August 29, 2014
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
6. Re: Booking with thomas cook

If you're not using the transfer they provide you must tell them at the airport when you arrive, or else they'll hold the coach looking for you. Also tell the rep in resort you aren't using the return. You aren't travelling as part of a group so no problem with individual check in. I always make sure I'm at the airport well before any tour operators coaches arrive for the flight lol.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
7. Re: Booking with thomas cook

No you don't have to wait. You can check in at the airport as soon as check in is available for your flight.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Thanks for the replies! we haven't booked the transfers so no need to tell them at the airport but will mention it to the apartments. Never booked a package holiday before as we normally book independently but the flight times worked out better this way! cheeky last minute holiday before winter

London, United...
9. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Hello I am booking a late deal therefore my transfer isn't included in the package and it's an optional add on. I phoned Thomas Cook customer services and they told me I will be able to add transfers/infight meals and seat reservations after by phoning them or online....not so sure now because some of you seem to disagree?

I want to book my holiday asap buy can't afford the extras until the following week that's why I'm asking

London, United...
10. Re: Booking with thomas cook

Hello I am booking a late deal therefore my transfer isn't included in the package and it's an optional add on. I phoned Thomas Cook customer services and they told me I will be able to add transfers/infight meals and seat reservations after by phoning them or online....not so sure now because some of you seem to disagree?

I want to book my holiday asap buy can't afford the extras until the following week that's why I'm asking

Reply to: Booking with thomas cook
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted