We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 2
British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

I have a flight from London Heathrow to Hamburg on British Airways, then a connecting flight on an Air Berlin flight from Hamburg to Nuremberg.

The two flights are both on the same ticket under a single BA ticket number.

Is it possible to complete online check in on both flights on ba.com even though the second flight is operated by AB?

I also need my luggage checked through to NUE as I will have no time to collect and re check it in at HAM.

6 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
reviews: 19
1. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

Luggage checked through won't be a problem as (a) on one ticket (b) both OneWorld airlines.

On line check-in - you'll need to ask BA for the Air Berlin PNR and then do the check-in on Air Berlin's website for the flight they operate.

London
reviews: 73
2. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

Won't the PNR be the same for a single ticket?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
3. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

"Won't the PNR be the same for a single ticket?" - The flights will be on a single BA PNR but is likely that wont work on Air Berlin in the same way that a BA PNR won't work on an AA codeshare.

Their will be an Air Berlin reference that's hidden to the flyer normally that they'll need to get from BA to access Air Berlin seat selection.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
4. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

^^^^^

This. Air Berlin will have their own PNR for the flight on their metal.

London
reviews: 73
5. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

Interesting.

Is it the same with all OW partners then?

I have a flight in October LHR-HKG-MNL on a combination of BA and CX. On MMB, I am currently able to select a seat for all four legs.

It would not even occur to me that I would need to check in on the CX website as well.

Loughborough...
reviews: 19
6. Re: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in

Depends on the OW partner, some have better integrated computer systems than others.

Reply to: British Airways & Air Berlin codeshare check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted