We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss c/o United seat assignments

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Swiss c/o United seat assignments

Hey all,

I'm flying in a few weeks on a Swiss air flight, operated by United. When I log into the Swiss air website I am able to reserve my seat for my other flights, but not that leg of the trip. I assume this is because of United having a hand in it.

Does anyone know if I can reserve my seat ahead of time? How? And, if I have to wait until I get to the airport, do you have any suggestions? (i.e. arrive way early, talk to this person, etc, etc)

It's a rather lengthy flight (8/9 hours) that I'm going to attempt to sleep on :) So, help is appreciated! Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
21,064 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Swiss c/o United seat assignments

Contact SWISS and obtain the record locator (PNR) that will work on United.com. You should then be able to select/view.change your seats there.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
16,737 posts
230 reviews
2. Re: Swiss c/o United seat assignments

I hope that the above info has been useful to you, and that you have the seat assignments already.

If you do not, you might have to call UA. We often faced things the other-way-around, in that we almost always book through UA, but back before the AA/US merger, too US codeshare flights. For our seat assignments, we ALWAYS had to call US, as we could NOT book the seats on either airlines' Web site. Never have done Swiss & United, so do not know if our experiences apply.

Good luck,

3. Re: Swiss c/o United seat assignments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 22, 2015