We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA/Virgin Sale

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 6
BA/Virgin Sale

Wanting to book for May 2015, London to Orlando. I remember that there was a flight sale at the end of August two years ago from these companies. Anyone know if they are likely to have a August bank holiday sale this year.

8 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

No idea but you haven't got to wait long to find out.

One thing is for sure if one has a sale the other will follow shortly afterwards.

Edited: 6:59 pm, August 18, 2014
Salisbury, United...
reviews: 102
2. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

Even if there is a sale it doesn't usually cover all dates and routes. My feeling is that it's too early to expect your dates to be in an August sale.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
3. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

I think a lot of people forget that not all routes and dates are on sale. If there's no competition or it's a popular travel time there's no reason to discount, plenty of punters willing to stump up non-sale fares.

Surrey UK
reviews: 28
4. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

I think BA had a sale on in June. I was looking at prices to NYC. They shot up during the sale and came down afterwards!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
5. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

In my experience sale fares generally cover flights in the next 3 months - if there is a sale towards the end of August I would not expect it to include flights for May 2015.

You might need to wait until the sale that normally happens in January but there is of course no guarantee that your route/dates will be included.

London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
reviews: 35
6. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

Virgin have just started a sale so check the prices. If previous patterns are anything to go by BA will start one in the next few days

South of England
reviews: 58
7. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

Virgin Holidays have announced a sale over this weekend with 10% off all departure dates.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 20
8. Re: BA/Virgin Sale

Whilst BA.com does not indicate a "sale " , based on New York in Y for November, BA are matching the VS sale fare. So it is worth checking the fare on BA.

Reply to: BA/Virgin Sale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted