We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Middle name error in international ticket

Indore, India
reviews: 3
Middle name error in international ticket

Hi all,

I just booked an international ticket from Mumbai to bali return from Malaysian airlines.

I got first letter of middle name typed incorrect, (it is Harikisan and I typed Karikisan)

I called up my agent Goibibo regarding the same they said they have put up a note in my PNR regarding the same.

Confirmed it with malaysian airlines office and they said they have recieved a note.

as per both of them it is now not a matter to worry about but they cannot share the same with me in written since PNR notes can be read only by Agent and the airlines.

I am still thinking that will it be an issue at the time of check in or even at immigration.

or Pnr revisions are enough.

What can I ask them as a proof for the same just to make it sure and hasslefree trip.

regards:

Sandeep.

4 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 23
1. Re: Middle name error in international ticket

One if most popular question on here if you'd done a search

Middle names so not matter

Indore, India
reviews: 3
2. Re: Middle name error in international ticket

thanks for the reply.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3. Re: Middle name error in international ticket

Please let us know the outcome of what actually happened.. because I am facing similar situation where the middle name is incorrect

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Middle name error in international ticket

ParxP - look at reply number 1 in this short thread. Middle names do not matter.

Reply to: Middle name error in international ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted