We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions please?

oswestry
reviews: 3
Opinions please?

We are a family of 4 travelling Manchester to Perth next Easter. I have 3 very similar quotes from Emirates, Qatar Airways and Singapore Air - I also have a quote from Etihad Airlines which is about £800 cheaper for whole booking! Not really heard much about them and don't want to rush to book the cheapest if they aren't very good! Any advice would be much appreciated! My brother always travels Emirates but he's only paying for 2!

22 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Opinions please?

Etihad are fine... And for an £800 saving a no brainier.

Who are the quotes from? Direct from the airlines? Reputable travel agent?

Edited: 7:10 pm, August 16, 2014
oswestry
reviews: 3
2. Re: Opinions please?

Direct from the airlines from their websites. The main 3 are averaging £4700 and etihad are £3900!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Opinions please?

Nice one. Not much difference in economy with those airlines (maybe Singapore edge it) however for that cost saving Etihad wins that race by a mile.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Opinions please?

I haven't flown Etihad but have flown your other 3 options.

Economy is much the same on any of those airlines and with a £800 saving, I'd definitely go with Etihad.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Opinions please?

Etihad have some incredible specials on at the moment. I would grab this airfare before it's gone.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
6. Re: Opinions please?

Are the number of connections the same, and what about equipment/codeshares, etc. How long is the transit? Not just about prices!

Did you check airlinequality.com for reviews?

London
reviews: 6
7. Re: Opinions please?

Etihad are fine. In my opinion Singapore Airlines are the best in economy, then Emirates with Qatar and Etihad just behind. Only thing with all Etihad seats is that they are a little narrower than standard. It's not by much, but if you are on the larger side it can be noticeable. However it's not a big enough issue to spend an extra 800 quid on.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
8. Re: Opinions please?

Haven't flown any of those airlines, but my experience is that economy is a much of a muchness. All those airlines are well rated, so for a £800 saving I'd plumb for Etihad.

But do check for code shares. Some EY flights from Abu Dhabi to Oz are code shared with Virgin Australia. Not that a £800 saving would put me off them either.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
9. Re: Opinions please?

At equal price, I would go first for SQ, then EY, then EK and only as a last recourse QR. Now very often SQ is more expensive. This leaves you with EY, which is an excellent company in my view, with a nice hub in Abu Dhabi. So just go for it!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
10. Re: Opinions please?

"Did you check airlinequality.com for reviews?"

If you do so, keep in mind this website is known for filtering the reviews to make sure that on average they confirm the stars they award (so they can pretend they do it based on the reviews... not)

Reply to: Opinions please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted