We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the airfare?

Everett, Washington
reviews: 1
What happened to the airfare?

Hello,

I was shopping airfare over the weekend and was finding rates from SEA to NRT on Korea Air for around $810 searching now when I have the funds can not find any Korea Air tickets even on their page for most travel dates in November and December it just returns an error. Searching Kayak and ITA shows that Asiana Air is the cheapest currently at $1020. Should I purchase now or wait for the prices to drop again?

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: What happened to the airfare?

No one can tell you if they will drop again, they may even increase again. When are you flying?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 32
2. Re: What happened to the airfare?

Crystal ball question.

As froggy says, there's equally a chance it could continue going up. Ask yourself this. If you hadn't seen the fare for $810, would the fare for $1020 seem reasonable to you? If the answer is yes, and you're travelling soon, buy now. Otherwise, your timing is going to be based on when you're travelling.

Everett, Washington
3. Re: What happened to the airfare?

I'm free to travel anytime from November to December so I'm hoping the rates may go back down again. I'm less concerned about the 1020 then I am that I can't find any flights on Korea Air any more through there direct site for any fare level. I'm wondering if theres an error and that's why the fares have disappeared.

London, United...
4. Re: What happened to the airfare?

Could be, call them and ask?

Everett, Washington
5. Re: What happened to the airfare?

I did and they stated that there may be an error :S. They weren't very informative. Oh well, worse case scenario right now is I just book Asiana which is also a good airline with layovers in Seoul so I can visit South Korea as well. This will be my first international trip.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 32
6. Re: What happened to the airfare?

This is your first international trip?

Boy, you're going to be spoilt. Your first ever layover is going to be at Incheon, you couldn't ask for a better start. Have a good time.

London, United...
7. Re: What happened to the airfare?

If they said it could be an error, give it 24 hours and then see if they re appear.

Oregon
reviews: 15
8. Re: What happened to the airfare?

I hope you get a long layover in Seoul. I believe you can get a free hotel room from Asiana for certain lengths of layovers. Or take the airport express train into the city and do some shopping! The subway system there is very easy to navigate.

Reply to: What happened to the airfare?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted