We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin Baggage Allowance

Glasgow Scotland
reviews: 38
Cabin Baggage Allowance

I have customised a rain jacket that has a double lining. I can fit in lots of items, i.e., shoes, small bags, small pieces of clothing jewellery etc. Can the airlines stop me from doing this (I saw it on Moneysaving Expert). Obviously I have no intention of wearing the jacket only when boarding the plane etc. I can put the entire jacket in the tray at security for scanning and the items can be easily removed. Would this be a problem with airlines (I am flying Jet2) but will be using for future travel.

12 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

No problem as long as you are wearing the jacket whilst boarding - you would normally be allowed to carry it on board but it might attract attention if you have it stuffed with all sorts.

Glasgow Scotland
2. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Thank you. No I will not overfill it, its just for a few extras that are taking me over the 10kg. Anything to save £50 lol.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
3. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Its quite amazing the lengths Scottish people will go to, to avoid spending money :)

Glasgow Scotland
4. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Tom like your avatar, is that wee Cavalier puppies?

Glasgow Scotland
5. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Indeed. Its actually to avoid giving the airline my £50, all the more for me to spend in the lovely bars and restaurants in Majorca :o)

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
6. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

"Tom like your avatar, is that wee Cavalier puppies?" - Our Orange Roan Cocker Spaniels when they were new pups (2 year old now).

Cape May, New Jersey
reviews: 43
7. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Don't know if this counts. My last few flights, to go through security, we have been told to empty everything from pockets and put in tray with belongings.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
8. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

That makes no difference. It's only be the airline that cares about the weight of luggage.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Hi

I have a lightweight reversible jacket which has four massive pockets, big enough for an iPad in each if I wanted to, or had four. For me it was compulsory clothing for Ryanair flights. When it was full I could barely walk.

Jackie

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
10. Re: Cabin Baggage Allowance

Big pockets for all those liquid bags eh Jackie...lol!!!!

Reply to: Cabin Baggage Allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted