We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

Singapore, Singapore
Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

To whom so ever it may concern.

I feel cheated by airasia and airasia is misusing my Money. Recommendation here not to take AIRASIA for any of trip,

I did this booking on May 19, Y4UNJR for Bangkok. I cancelled this booking in the first week of June because of on going condition (Curfrew) in Bangkok that time.

Concerns are..

1. I insisted to send the money back in my credit card. that was NOT done as per SO CALLED AIR ASIA POLICY.Had been given credit of 339 SGD in my air asia account 7840053045 for my flight booking.

2. Today I want to do the booking for the month of Sep using this amount but another AIR ASIA POLICY is that I can not do Flight+HOTEL booking using this amount. I can do only flight booking with this amount. WHY AIR ASIA FORGETTING “THIS IS MY MONEY”.

3. Call center executive told me to do flight booking using this amount, Bangkok return flight will cost approx 200 SGD max , what will I do with remaining 139SGD? I can not do hotel booking either.

4. If I am doing separate booking that will cost me more. And not even that I can not use this 139SGD for that.

5. CALL Center executive even suggested to wait till fares go up and use this amount then and end up paying MORE , WHAT a Disgusting suggesting and to make customer fool

6. Air ASIA can not do refund for the remaining balance amount of 139SGD to my account as per their policy and cant use the amount for hotel booking

7. I have not received my hotel booking cancellation amount till now in my credit card.

This is clear case of CHEATING BY AIR ASIA and Playing with customer money.

These are the behaviors just to ensure I will not travel by air asia in future and same applies to my near and dear and collegues..

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 151
1. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

All very clearly stated in the T&C's you agreed to when you purchased your original ticket.

It does not matter if you or I think it is fair, what matters is that this is what you agreed to when you purchased the first ticket. Not reading the T&C's is no excuse.

Sorry to be so blunt, but these are the facts - whether we agree or not.

London
reviews: 73
2. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

Probably not a good idea to post your AK FF number on a public forum either.

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

It's not your money, you already spent that money on a non refundable ticket. You don't get it back because of the terms of the ticket you chose to buy. You could have went for a much more expensive fully refundable ticket, but you chose not to. It's not cheating, it's simply the terms of the contract you agreed to to enable you to get that fare.

You really need to read the terms and conditions before agreeing to them. They are the terms of your contract and they will be applied.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

have you taken any consent from me? why forgetting its My Money. some

London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

Yes, you gave your consent when you ticked the box agreeing to the terms and conditions,

It's not your money, you spent it, I'm sorry,

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

what do you mean by it not money i already spent my money? have air asie given this money to me? if i ma cancelling my trip because of curfew at destination deduct the cancellation amount and send it

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

cheap ticket means you are allowed to do cheating with customer money?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
8. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

You chose to cancel, regardless of what was happening at the time. Air Asia (and other airlines) deemed it safe to fly there.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 41
9. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

Edit your post your have put too much personal info in here i would remove ypur PNR. And account details.

Can you not use the remaining money for another trip in the future?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
reviews: 10
10. Re: Air Asia have unfriendly customer service policies

cheap ticket means you are allowed to do cheating with customer money?

====================

Air Asia aren't 'cheating', merely sticking to the T&C's you agreed to when you purchased your ticket, and since it was cheap, your ticket is probably non-refundable.

Unless your country issues a travel warning about non-essential travel to Bangkok - you're out of luck.

mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/consular_information/…