We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delay compensation by thomson

fife
reviews: 11
delay compensation by thomson

Hi ive posred on here before and had some good advice . I sent a claim form to thomson for an 18hr delay in 2010.i finally received a reply today stating they are appealing to thd supreme court to stop people being able to claim for technical faults. They then stated I would be unable to proceed further with my complaint until the court ruling which they have no set date for. Has anyone else came across this or have any advice..many thanks

8 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 116
1. Re: delay compensation by thomson

It stems from the case 'Jet2 v Huzar' which Jet2 have taken to the Court of Appeal since losing. Jet2 at that point have said that unitl it is finalised they are not paying out on any delays due to technical faults. It also appears from your case that Thomson are waiting on what the Court of Appeal decide.

www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx…

Loughborough...
2. Re: delay compensation by thomson

In fact Jet2 lost at the Court of Appeal and applied on 9 July to the Supreme Court for leave to appeal further.

The Supreme Court has not yet decided whether it will even hear the case.

Other have suggested starting small claims proceedings against the airline, as the Small Claims Court may take the view that current law is that technical faults are not extraordinary circumstances.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: delay compensation by thomson

Thomsons said they intended to seek leave to appeal to the Supreme Court re paying compensation for flights over 2 years ago. Whether they ultimately did or not I'm not sure.

fife
4. Re: delay compensation by thomson

thanks again for the helpful replies.it seems the have applied to.the supreme court to get the ruling changed but god knows how long that will take. so do you think my only option is small claims court?please excuse the typos in my msgs my phone is being tempremental :-(

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 116
5. Re: delay compensation by thomson

There have been a few posts on here of others who have gone down the small claims court and got a result. Good luck.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 50
6. Re: delay compensation by thomson

I have been informed by manchester county court my action against Thomas cook is stayed as the huzar v jet2 case is going to be heard in the Supreme Court .

fife
7. Re: delay compensation by thomson

thanks for your reply. so you are unable to.do anything until the jet2 case is resolved?

Stockport, United...
reviews: 50
8. Re: delay compensation by thomson

Correct chocopop clearly jet2 hoping 3rd time lucky ?

Reply to: delay compensation by thomson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted