We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai

Any reviews on this flight from recent passengers? How bad is it and would you suggest another carrier for these routes?

I'm particularly interested in the type of meals served in economy, quality of flight crew service, in-flight entertainment etc.

Edited: 11:49 am, August 02, 2014
3 replies to this topic
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
1 review
1. Re: Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai

Sounds like you have already written Delta off as bad, before you even hear from any of us.

Delta's long haul service to Asia is pretty good. The aircraft have all been refurbished over the past couple of years, offering a decent array of inflight movies and such, options to book Economy Comfort seats with more leg room and recline, free drinks, etc. The food, well it is airline food and your taste buds are shot at 33,000 feet anyway. As a whole the flight attendants are good (but we all have our occasional bad day).

There is no real reason to avoid Delta, they do quite well (leastways they keep this frequent flyer satisfied).

Edited: 2:59 pm, August 02, 2014
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai

Oh sorry, wasn't my intention to diss Delta.

I just hear people rave about Asian carriers so much that I was wondering how Delta compares to the competition on this route.

Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai

Just wondering if you ended up flying on Delta? I'm considering the same flight.

Reply to: Delta's non-stop between Detroit and Beijing/Shanghai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted