We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

checking in?

Wolverhampton...
checking in?

Could someone help please, we booked through a third party and gave them our passport details and was told they would check us in, we have recieved our boarding passes, so do we have to check in ourselves or has the third party done it for us seeing as we have recieved our boarding passes?

Thank you. help would be appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: checking in?

If you have your boarding passes, you are by definition, checked in.

Wolverhampton...
2. Re: checking in?

Oh right ok, just so confused as to whether we need to or not, will they have been given our passport details then?

UK
reviews: 85
3. Re: checking in?

Sorry but whats confusing about "if you have your boarding passes you are checked in" ?

You can't check in until you have given all the details needed by the airline, so whatever is needed they must have, or they wouldn't have been able to check in on your behalf and send you your boarding passes.

Let me guess : On The Beach ? Ryanair?

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: checking in?

Hi

I don't understand how they can answer the questions about what you are carrying as hand baggage, so how can anyone legally check in for you.

Now it is your boarding PASSES you have received isn't it, both outward and return, and not just your itinerary. They should have seat numbers on them.

In future always book direct with Ryanair, they have started to allow travel agents but judging by the complaints on this site I think they are best avoided.

Jackie

North America
reviews: 14
5. Re: checking in?

I am also confused by the OP's second question.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
6. Re: checking in?

Jackie, only the agents that book via the GDS Travelport are 'allowed' to book Ryanair. Those like OTB etc that just book via their website still shouldn't be doing it.

Reply to: checking in?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted