We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams overcharge

Buffalo, New York
1 post
Edreams overcharge

I tried to make a flight reservation and cancel it right away but have had difficulty getting in touch with anyone on the phone or to respond to emails. Is there anything I can do? I did speak to one person who could not or would not help me. I thought I had credit card protection but they can't dispute a charge that is still pending and the flight is today

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
1. Re: Edreams overcharge

may be a strange question but why book a flight only to cancel it right away?

from the Edreams site

Can I cancel a reservation after purchasing a ticket?

Generally, no.

Based on the fare, the airline may not allow any cancellations.

The more inexpensive fares do not allow any changes and the cancellation charges are 100% of the ticket price. Moreover, the service fees paid to eDreams for the reservation will not be reimbursed for any reason.

To request a cancellation, you can send an e-mail to modification.cancellation@edreams.com

https:/…-1

Is it a refundable fare?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2. Re: Edreams overcharge

......and the flight is today!!

UK
Level Contributor
47,730 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Edreams overcharge

Even if eDreams was a normal agency, you wouldnt get a refund because most of the flights they sell will be non refundable.

In this case,as they are an absolutely atrocious agency, and there is no credit card protection (protection for what?) you have lost all your money instead of perhaps 95% of it

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
13,459 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Edreams overcharge

Why on earth did you join today to post about your problems - if you had any sense you would have joined before booking with them and could have spent many a happy hour reading all the posts on the many other edream threads.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4,731 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Edreams overcharge

Booked only to cancel immediately, with eDreams for an imminent flight.... The perfect storm.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,389 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Edreams overcharge

All very curious indeed.....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
519 posts
169 reviews
7. Re: Edreams overcharge

>>>>>Why on earth did you join today to post about your problems<<<<<

The oddest thing is you don't even need TA. If they would simply Google Edreams, they would see over 650,000 hits for Complaints. Those people at Edreams really know to make money.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
24,910 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: Edreams overcharge

<<I thought I had credit card protection but they can't dispute a charge that is still pending and the flight is today>>

Credit card protection for what? Why would the dispute a legitimate charge?

London, England
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Edreams overcharge

Why would you book a flight via eDreams and not direct with the airline?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
105 reviews
10. Re: Edreams overcharge

Hmmmmmm. A very strange post indeed.