We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

Richmond, CA
reviews: 3
Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

Prices are equal, do you have a recommendation for one over the other SFO to CDG regarding comfort and reliability? Thanks much.

7 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

None are very different in economy. I'd just choose the one with the better schedule and the alliance in which I wanted to earn miles.

Edited: 11:40 pm, August 01, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

SFO-CDG non stop will be on either Air France or United metal. One stops with UA/LH will require a connection in Germany to be on Lufty metal (and even then it's not guaranteed).

Regarding UA vs LH. Assuming economy class, LH has a better soft product (flight attendants, meals and free alcohol), but I find their economy seats hellishly uncomfortable and so I avoid them for long haul, as the UA seat is much nicer.

And if you are looking for FF miles, avoid Lufthansa flights if the booking class (fare bucket) is K, because you won't earn any miles on that fare.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 18
3. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

I find just the opposite, I will never take another trans-Atlantic on United ever. Worst service and flight of my life and I though the seat was small and I am not a big person 5"8", 140 lbs. And that was United "premium coach" product. I would hate to see the regular coach.

Edited: 12:42 am, August 02, 2014
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
4. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

I would avoid UA. Hard to beat the AF non-stop from SFO.

Have fun.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
5. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

Wesheltonj - confusing as UA does not have a premium coach product.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
6. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

>>confusing as UA does not have a premium coach product<<

It must have been withdrawn in the past few years, as we were in "premium economy" from SYD to SFO in 2007. It was not worth the extra money.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris

United's Economy Plus (E+) is simply an economy seat with a few inches extra seat pitch (aka legroom). It is still economy and all other aspects of the service are economy. E+ seats are most definitely still available and I use them all the time.

It should NOT be confused with a true Premium Economy cabin (eg Air France, Qantas or BA's World Traveller Plus), which costs a lot more and provides a bigger seat, better food and more Fzf miles.

Edited: 1:54 am, August 02, 2014
Reply to: Air France/Delta vs Luftanza/United to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted