We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Palo Alto...
4 posts
Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Anyone flown this route? What was your experience? Thanks!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Search this forum for Norweigan and you will find out the problems people have had. Understand what you are booking, take all costs into account when comparing. They are a LCC airline and you will not have the same service as a legacy carrier. If things go wrong you will have few options as they have no agreements with other carriers.

They have had problems with their Dreamliners which have caused delays.

So long as you understand how their operation works you should then be able to make a decision as to whether you fly with them. I'm sure there are many who have had no problems. Good luck.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
326 reviews
2. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

My wife took that flight a month or two ago...she said it was really nice, a pleasant experience overall with no snags. hopefully will be the same for you!

Palo Alto...
4 posts
3. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
4. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Hi, Any recent experiences? I am thinking if paying a bit extra to have my 16-year old daughter to fly first time alone to a trip Oakland-Oslo-Helsinki, instead of changing her ticket SFO-Chicago-London-Helsinki...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
310 reviews
5. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Here are reviews from past Norwegian Air passengers, there are some 787 reviews that might interest you, click the link below.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

Yes. There was another poster (Andrew S) who recently flew the same route as you are inquiring about.

Edited: 10:57 pm, September 07, 2014
Palo Alto...
4 posts
7. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

I had a smooh experience and so did my friend who also flew a different time, same airline and route.

san francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

I flew this route in August and although it was 1 hour delayed leaving Oakland I would do it all over again. The ability to fly no-stop to oslo (which was my final destination) and get there in less than 10 hours is pretty awesome.

In looking at their website it seems as if they are stopping these flights but keeping the Oakland to Stockholm flights - but I can be wrong.

9. Re: Norwegian Oakland to Oslo Dreamliner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 28, 2015