We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Leeds
reviews: 48
Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

In more than 30 years of business airline travel, quite simply the worst airline I have ever had the misfortune to use and I do not make that statement lightly.

Stupidly excessive transatlantic delays.

Missed connections.

More flight delays than I have ever seen with any other airline.

Lost baggage on several occasions.

Repeated lies about delays and lost luggage.

If you are thinking of booking ' I suggest you think again.

48 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 91
1. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Yet another airline we can't fly. Are there any left?

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

My wife and I recently ended up traveling on Air Canada Rouge to Greece. This is a trip we have made many times over the past thirty years but this has to have been one of the worst. We booked through Expedia and nothing warned us that this was not a regular type of flight. At the airport we discovered that there was no entertainment on board for the 9 hour flight. Luckily I had a tablet with me - unluckily the battery does not last for nine hours. But then the selection of entertainment was so limited compared to a regular flight that it scarcely mattered! As we were sitting near the back we had to wait for an hour and a half for our dinner and we had no choice of meal as the alternative had run out by the time they got to us. And forget the usual free drinks - we had to pay $6 for a little bottle of wine with dinner. For around half the flight we were prevented by the crew from using the nearest toilets since their use interfered with the galley at the rear! And of course there was less leg room than usual and the seats seemed much narrower.

Had we known this was the sort of flight we were paying for when we booked we would probably not have gone direct. BUT when we booked we seemed to be paying full price and were given no indication that this was a cut price, cut standard service.

AVOID AC Rouge unless this is the sort of thing you want. But the lack of information provided by wither AC or Expedia prior to flying really was disgraceful!

Leeds
3. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Well, it's your choice to use them or not of course but in my case, I choose not to.

John

scotland
reviews: 63
4. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

I almost want to fly with them to find out if they really are as bad as all the reviews suggest.

Leeds
5. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

I suggest you consult www.businesstraveller.com

to see what business travellers think of them....

AND

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_canrge.htm…

Edited: 4:36 pm, July 31, 2014
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 379
6. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Review might be worthwhile but for vague terms such as "repeated lies" (what kind of lies? how many? proven that they were lies?) and "stupidly excessive" (would a certain level be considered excessive but not stupidly excessive)? Without any specifics at all, just general complaints, it goes into the "rant" category. Sad, since OP may have valid arguments.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

@Richard G,

<<We booked through Expedia and nothing warned us that this was not a regular type of flight.>>

When you search for flights on Expedia, any code shares must (by law) indicate a different operating airline if that is the case. In the case of AC flights operated by Rouge it clearly states in the search engine results - **before** you select the flight - "Air Canada 1900 operated by AIR CANADA ROUGE"

<<Had we known this was the sort of flight we were paying for when we booked we would probably not have gone direct. BUT when we booked we seemed to be paying full price and were given no indication that this was a cut price, cut standard service.>>

News, views and complaints about Rouge have been all over the news, print, TV and internet. You may not have noticed, but a little more diligence may have helped.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 33
8. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Your complaints are about delays and luggage, not cabin comfort,pitch or seat comfort--that's unusual since those are the usual complaints.

Even a cursory search for Rouge in these forums should have been enough to dissuade your from flying Rouge

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
9. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Once again - I am in no rush to experience Rouge - overwhelmingly because I object to being squashed into a small space for too long.

However I NEVER expect entertainment on any flight and take my own tablet/magazines/ books etc. I also have extremely low expectations of all airline food (up to and including many business class offerings) and ALWAYS present myself at the gate well fed and slightly inebriated. $6 seems like a small price to pay for the top-up of that state.

I will try to avoid Rouge, but if it happens it happens.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 4
10. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

"Yet another airline we can't fly. Are there any left?"

I don't think Virgin Galactic is on the list yet. (Or maybe I'm wrong and it is.)

Reply to: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted