We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol in checked baggage.

Dumfries, United...
Alcohol in checked baggage.

My friend bought me a litre of alcohol at duty free in Ukraine. We met in Turkey for a holiday together. Can I take this in my checked baggage to the Uk. I am flying Onurair.

13 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 76
1. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

Yes. Why would you think you could not?

Dumfries, United...
2. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

Thank you. More responses would be reassuring .

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 33
3. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

Ok, since you want reassurance, you can. Just pack it well so it does not break.

London, England
reviews: 64
4. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

I put bottles of alcohol in my luggage all the time. The only time I have ever had an 'accident' was when the top leaked. Fortunately, I had it well wrapped.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
5. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

Yes you can but make sure it is well wrapped. I've done it and wrapped the bottle(s) in bubble wrap and then rolled a towel around each one individually. No breakages yet.

London, United...
reviews: 130
6. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

I don't know about Onurair, but airlines do ask if you are packing anything fragile and if so, you may have to sign a waiver about damages.

Bengaluru...
7. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

When passing through airport security screening:

Each liquid you carry must be in its own container of no more than 100ml (3.4 ounces).

All liquids should be carried in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of up to 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in) with a total capacity of up to a litre (approximately one quart).

You must be able to completely close the bag and be able to fit it in your hand baggage.

The bag of liquids must be taken out of other hand baggage to be screened separately.

In the UK and EU, the tasting or testing of liquids, aerosols or gels on the skin will no longer be a recognised method of screening. These items will now be screened using special equipment. You may be required to open the items.

You will need to check the current arrangements for airports outside the UK and EU.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
8. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

Adiroy, the OP is putting the bottle of alcohol in their checked in luggage not trying to carry it onto the plane.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 14
9. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

^^ adiroy, the OP is talking about alcohol in his hold luggage, not carry on through security.

If I knew I would be picking up bottles abroad, I always took bubble wrap and a nice thick towel then place them in the middle of the bag........protection all around, no breakage.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 96
10. Re: Alcohol in checked baggage.

yes you can, I bring a bottle of JD with me in my checked baggage when I fly to Jamaica....

Reply to: Alcohol in checked baggage.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted