We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economy cabins

reviews: 1
economy cabins

how is economy class cabin fit for transatlantic travel?

16 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: economy cabins

they squeeze it in

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
2. Re: economy cabins

Is that the first line of a joke, or a question? I don't know. How is it fit?

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 74
3. Re: economy cabins

Good question. I wouldn't ship battery chickens in it.

If you mean 'how fit for transatlantic travel are economy cabins' I'd say bearable (just) on day flights, miserable overnight unless you're a short contortionist with no bones.

Edited: 8:03 am, July 30, 2014
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: economy cabins

How is it fit? It does air-obics.

Edited: 8:08 am, July 30, 2014
Melbourne
reviews: 1
5. Re: economy cabins

Given the vast numbers of people who do it every day (and transpacific), it's certainly survivable. Perhaps not the most comfortable way to get somewhere but hey, at the end of it, you're on the other side of the world (how cool is that?).

Edit: MrMarcoos, I love you!

Edited: 8:13 am, July 30, 2014
6. Re: economy cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 30, 2014

Donsol, Philippines
reviews: 7
7. Re: economy cabins

Well...you pay your money, hopefully sit next to someone you like, have a few drinks, eat a little, read a little, sleep a little (maybe) and get off.

Economy travel is tough but a means to an end....unfortunately my UK nurse salary wont stretch to any upgrades and fo be honest...I would rather spend the extra cash on more diving

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
8. Re: economy cabins

I would not be a fan of E-class (that is not the mid-line Mercedes model, BTW) travel on flights longer than about 5 hours. Many, many do it, with few ill effects, and as mentioned above, survive at a very high rate. However, I am always ready to spend miles or $'s to get to Business First Class, and do so often. However, I am tall, old and was never a contortionist, so I might be the exception.

When I queue up for Passport Control, I see tons of pax, who flew with me, but in the E cabin, and they actually look none the worse for the experience, than I feel. However, they seem to be young, excited about their holiday, while we are heading to work... maybe something in that part of the equation?

Now, what exactly are you questioning about the E-cabin? I'll be that if you state the airline, the route (that will also probably determine the plane flown) and your concerns, someone will be very exacting in offering help.

Good luck,

Hunt

Oregon
reviews: 20
9. Re: economy cabins

The majority of airline passengers travel in economy class, and almost all of them survive the journey. I'm with Aussiegirl with being happy to be at my destination on the other side of the world in a matter of hours, not days, weeks or months.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
10. Re: economy cabins

You survive, yes, but the trip is usually something to be endured rather than enjoyed. If I fly economy it's for no longer than about 6hrs and never on a night flight.

Reply to: economy cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted