We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai connection

Shoreham-by-Sea...
reviews: 2
Dubai connection

Hi all.

We are going to the Maldives next Feb and are flying from Gatwick via Dubai. Our outbound connection is ok (3 hours), but on our return our flight arrives from Male at 1.10 pm and departs at 2.45 pm. Emirates have assured me that we will make our connection in time, barring delays. I just wanted to ask if anyone who has used this route can give any tips to ensure a speedy connection please. Im aware that if theres a delay Emirates will put us on next available flight

21 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
1. Re: Dubai connection

That is quite a normal connection time when flying west with Emirates & connecting in Dubai Just follow the advice given in all the previous threads, asking this question, ie go straight to your gate

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Dubai connection

1h35m should be plenty of time to connect at Dubai.

Shoreham-by-Sea...
3. Re: Dubai connection

Would it be better to sit near the front of the plane from Male so we get off quicker?

London
reviews: 21
4. Re: Dubai connection

Probably a good idea, Scotty. Have you choosen your seat on the Emirates web site.

Shoreham-by-Sea...
5. Re: Dubai connection

Yes I have wanderinstar. I originally chose seats at rear (46) but changed them to front ones and have since noticed that those seats are being snapped up first, maybe for the same reason. We are first timers at Dubai so just being cautious

Bilton Rugby
reviews: 52
6. Re: Dubai connection

We flew back from Australia (Perth) to Birmingham via Dubai in February and only had 1h 35m but as long as you go straight to the terminal you will have plenty of time the gates are very clear.

Janet

Shoreham-by-Sea...
7. Re: Dubai connection

Ive read that they show your departure gate no. on the ICE system on board before you land. Not sure if this is true?

Bilton Rugby
reviews: 52
8. Re: Dubai connection

Dont know about that to be honest we just followed the instructions and signs they are very clear.

Janet

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
9. Re: Dubai connection

Ive read that they show your departure gate no. on the ICE system on board before you land. Not sure if this is true?

--------------------------------

That is true.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
10. Re: Dubai connection

If your plane arrives on time, you won't have a problem at all, catching your next flight.

Departure gates for connecting flights are shown on the tv screens before you land, but always check when you arrive in the terminal, that they are correct, or haven't changed

I've actually arrived in Dubai after my departing flight should have gone, & Emirates have held the plane up, to allow people to connect. Wasn't happy, as I wanted a free overnight stay in Dubai :)

Reply to: Dubai connection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted