We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

swansea
reviews: 7
2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Hi everyone ,basically the title says it all,looking to book myself and my wife on a Thomson flight from Birmingham to Sanford ,but to do so i will need to pay using 2 different credit cards ,i have asked Thomsons helpline and was told "not a problem" which immediately made me think ,how often is there NOT a problem ?

My worry is that if i book online ,purchase the first one,by the time i buy the second one ,[a couple of mins by the way] either the price would have gone up ,or even worse ,sorry,no seats left ! ,now my wife is a patient woman ,but if that happens and i try to explain ,sorry to tell you ,but i am off to Florida,see you in a couple of weeks ,well ,lets just say i would not like that scenario to arise !

Anybody out there done what i am hoping to do ? and if so was it all smooth sailing ?

Your help would ,as always be greatly appreciated

10 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
1. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

I would probably try and book it by phone with them rather than online. They should be able to create one booking with 2 forms of payment

wirral
reviews: 71
2. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

It is doable.But I would go into a travel agent or better still Thomson Travel Shop,explain the situation and get them to do the bookings for you.They know the angles.

uk
reviews: 15
3. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Just book by phone, won't be any problem paying with two cards.

Deb

swansea
4. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Thanks folks ,i did think about the phone ;shop angle ,but the thought of paying [ i think ] the extra £30 per booking ,well that would pay for the hotel stay ,the night before we fly .

uk
reviews: 15
5. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Maybe they will waive it as you can't do it online.ask !

But look at it this way £30 v Mrs annoyance if she doesn't get her ticket lol

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 165
6. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

<<I would probably try and book it by phone with them rather than online. >>

I think that this is sound advice, and the airline *should* be able to get the two tickets linked.

While on UA, we often have to book with two cards - one corporate and one personal. I usually do this on-line, and have never run afoul of a lack of seats, etc., but usually have one browser window with my account logged-in, and the other with wife logged-in, so only moments pass between the two. However, then we do often have issues with the two tickets, so that if one is upgraded, the other might not be, or if both get upgraded, then we might not be seated together any longer. That is our down-side, but with a charter, and a phone call, that sort of inconvenience might be removed.

To the OP, good luck, and I urge you to NOT try the old, "sorry dear, but your holiday will be a "staycation," while I am off to ______ ." That never works.

Hunt

Leatherhead, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Open two windows side by side?

It might pay off - if there's one seat left in a price bucket, you'd buy one at that price, and one at the next price up. Booking two seats, both would come from the higher bucket.

You could doña dummy booking for six seats first, check how busy the flight is.

swansea
8. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

thanks everyone,first stop the Thomson shop ,see if i can twist their arm and match the online price ,if not will try the phone option,

Thanks for all your suggestions ,this is where the Tripadvisor "family" really works well ,you hear about the bad review culture that seems to get press time ,but never about the thousands of questions that get asked every minute ,and are answered so quickly by fellow travellers ,all with the intention of genuinely trying to help the poster ,even when they ask such stupid questions ,such as ,trying to pay with 2 separate credit cards !!!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

...even when they ask such stupid questions ,such as ,trying to pay with 2 separate credit cards !!!

-------------------------

Honestly, that wasn't a stupid question.

wirral
reviews: 71
10. Re: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,

Especially if you are nearly maxxed out on one credit card.

Reply to: 2 seats ,paid by 2 different credit cards ,Thomson flights ,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted