We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

I'm travelling to Majorca from Bristol going out with Ryanair & returning Easyjet. We're hoping to only take small trolley cases & they should be ok with Ryanair (55 x 40 x 20cm) as they also allow another hand bag but Easyjet aren't so clear & I wonder how strict they are in Palma? Don't want to pay excess charges but equally don't want to have to buy new cases! Any advice please?

25 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Have no specific experience with Palma but find easyJet usually enforce the "1 item only" strictly.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
2. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

It's very clear on their website. One piece is one piece, not two, and hopefully they enforce that very strictly.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
3. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Easyjet are very strict, they allow ONE piece of handluggage - that is ONE piece only NOT one piece plus a handbag or a laptopbag. The maximum size is 56 x 45 x 25 cm. If you want to guarantee it remains in the cabin with you then it should be max 50 x40 x 20. If you have a bag larger than the small size but within the max limits, if the flight is very busy you may be asked to check, without charge, your bag. So if you bag is 55 x 40 x20 then it will be OK with Easyjet but you might possibly have to check it so have anything you want to keep (passports, money, medicines etc) with you in a small bag inside you cabinbag so that you can easily take it out if you are asked to check your bag.

There is no weight limit as long as you can lift it into the overhead lockers unaided. I understand you can also take on board one plasticbag containing purchases made "air-side" ie in the dutyfree shop.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
4. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

I disagree that Easyjet aren't so clear - in fact their website couldn't be any clearer.

"easyJet allows ONE item of cabin baggage per passenger. If you bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, we guarantee it will always travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

If you choose to bring ONE bag that is slightly bigger than our guaranteed size but to our maximum allowed size limitations, 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold."

They are even putting ONE in capitals so it cannot be misunderstood.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 70
5. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Very strict. You can take one bag, so if you don't want to pay for hold luggage, then you need to buy a bag that conforms to their size. Palma airport is known to be strict in enforcing the rules.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

but Easyjet aren't so clear...

-------------------

That did make me chuckle.

I do like it when folk read something that is obviously as clear as day and then come here saying it is not clear because, maybe, just maybe it isn't true because they don't want it to be.

Edited: 4:48 pm, July 25, 2014
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Ok, right don't shout me down regulars but I know how he can get that second bag onboard.

Buy something small in the Duty Free and ask for a large carrier bag, then put your second small bag in with your Duty Free items.

Jackie

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 52
8. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

If you take Jackie's advice, just make sure you don't let the check in/bag drop staff see it!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Jackie you little trickster...:-) I wonder how 'small' the handbag is?

So the OP could buy a small box of chocs, put it in a big duty free bag and get away with the handbag in the duty free bag?

If they suspected anything EasyJet would surely call her out for pulling that one wouldn't they?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
10. Re: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?

Jackie

That's being devious - but you are aware that EJ monitor this forum so watch out the next time you fly with them.

Reply to: How strict are Easy Jet in Palma airport re: Cabin bag size?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted