We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Korean Air check credit card at check in?

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Does Korean Air check credit card at check in?

Hello,

My auntie who lives oversea got me a ticket at a online travel agent not directly from Korean Air website. Does Korean Air check credit card at check in?

How can I show them the credit card if the card belongs to my aunt and she is living overseas? Do I have to bring a copy of her card ?

Thank You

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
22,587 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Does Korean Air check credit card at check in?

If your aunt booked the ticket with a travel agent then Korean should not need to see her credit card when you check in.

The airlines (often) require the passenger to present the card as a means of fraud protection. But that's (usually) only when the flight is booked directly with the airline and hence when the airline is at risk of non payment from a (criminal) misuse if the card.

In your case, it will be the travel agent that is carrying the risk of a fraudulent transaction, not the airline, so the airline should not worry.

As long as the agent your aunt booked the ticket with is reputable, you'll be fine, and your aunt has done this the RIGHT way. Well done Auntie!!!

2. Re: Does Korean Air check credit card at check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 27, 2015