We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Hey guys,

So I booked a holiday to Orlando for March next year and I went with LowCostHolidays. I've been with them to the same place last year and had no problem, but back then I paid the entire cost off.

This year I opted to pay the deposit amount, and pay off the rest of the holiday by January. However, once I booked, the "Manage my Booking" page said my balance is due now, and upon checking my flight reservation on United's website, it says my flights are only being held until midnight, 24th July (about an hour or so ago.)

So have I lost out on my flight? I'm kind of worried at the moment, and so am looking for a quick answer before I phone them up first thing tomorrow. Why would LCH say I can pay a £260 deposit, only to ask for the final balance after booking?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

It depends on how it's booked. If it's on a charter, they can accept installments until the final payment is due. However, if it's on a scheduled carrier such as yours appear to be, payment for the air portion of your trip has to be made in full before the tickets are issued. Not paying this within the time period stated subjects you to fare increases as the lower fares sell out.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

That may be why then, I've only ever gone with chartered, but still seems silly how LCH would offer a lower deposit only to then tell me I have to pay for the air portion straight away... :/

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Hi radiocaf,

Do you have your booking reference number to hand? With this information, I can look into this for you. Alternatively, you can email us at onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com.

Thanks

Stephen

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

I've had much the same problem with Travel Republic. They advertised a low £1 deposit and pay rest of the holiday later which sounded ideal. Went to book and what hadn't been mentioned was that the £1 deposit was for your accommodation only, the flights had to be paid upfront in full, which flying from Scotland was nearly £700 for the two of us. A bit misleading!

5. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:30 am, July 25, 2014
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Please delete post 5 asap, personal information on a public site, this is not lowcostholidays!!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

I've deleted it as a precaution, how come TripAdvisor are letting fake accounts get up to 14 posts?

And thank you. I didn't notice having just woken up from a night shift lol.

Edited: 8:31 am, July 25, 2014
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
170 reviews
8. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

If you're referring to the poster in reply #3 - lowcostholidays_com they are a representative of Low Cost Holidays who are allowed to post here in the TA forums. When they asked you to send them your booking details they meant via private message here on TA or send them an email directly to the email address they have advised - not for you to post all your information on a public forum for all to see.

Edited: 9:43 am, July 25, 2014
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Ahh okay, I did worry for a second there. Thank you for explaining that to me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
10. Re: LowCostHolidays deposit says due after booking?!

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that this is lowcostholiday's account. You can email onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com, or get in touch via Facebook and Tweeter and I will even verify that I have made a couple of posts on this website today.

Thanks

Stephen