We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

oxford
reviews: 3
BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

I am looking to fly next June to Las Vegas

Ideally we would fly from London but flight is nearly £ 1300.00 each x 2

I read somewhere that it was cheaper flying from Dublin

I have looked at :

DUB - LHR - LAS 14.06.15

LAS-LGW-LHR-DUB 25.06.15

This flight is £ 878.00 each x 2

I have looked at flying to Dublin from london teh day before (13.06.15) as not to miss flight !!! this is £ 78.00 each one way and hotel would be £ 50.00

When flying back we will collect luggage at LGW and travel home - not taking the LHR - DUB flight

Is this possible or am I being stupid thinking I could save nearly £ 600.00 or do you think it is too much hassell for the saving

17 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
1. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

Will you have checked luggage? I believe this will be checked all the way to Dublin.

London, UK
reviews: 120
2. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

There's absolutely nothing to stop you doing that if you want to. I wouldn't do it, but that's because I value my time more highly than the money I might save. But your calculations may be completely different. And via Dublin is a a rather roundabout route - you should also be able to save by flying with a US carrier as you will have one stop in the US that way. Only BA and Virgin operate scheduled non-stop flights from London to Vegas which is why they are expensive.

London
reviews: 73
3. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

Not many US carriers with a WT+/PE cabin though

oxford
reviews: 3
4. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

Yes thats the problem we want WT+ or P/E

Also re checked luggage I did phone BA and they said I would have to collect my luggage at Gatwick and then make our own way to Heathrow

Edited: 5:27 am, July 24, 2014
Salisbury, United...
reviews: 69
5. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

As you are changing airports there would be nothing to stop you as you will have to collect bags. BA could chase you for the fare difference. Whether this would happen who knows, there are reports of this happening, so be prepared. BA price like this to encourage those from Dublin to travel with them. Flying non stop from LHR is priced accordingly as this preferential to many. I only like non stop and am willing to pay for a shorter journey time.

The only other fly in the pint meant would be if there was a schedule change and you were rerouted through LHR, your baggage would be thru checked.

Only you know if you want to chance it. Again for me to travel from Dublin is not worth it, extra time, flight and hotel. What is the true saving?

London
6. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

BA could chase you for the fare difference

Unlikely. You got stuck in traffic on the M23. Your car broke down. It happens.

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
7. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

OP - also look at BA deals which include hotel as savings can be made here. Sometimes they can work out cheaper than flight only.

Certainly worth a try. £600 is a significant saving but like the others I'd be concerned that your actual saving will be much less than this so therefore not worth the hassle.

Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

Nope - i'd book an open jaw

DUB-LAS & LAS-LON

Its the same price ;-)

London
9. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

Isn't that just multi city?

I thought open jaw was where the destination airports were different? Eg LHR-PHX, LAS-LHR

Edinburgh, Scotland
10. Re: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus

LOL

I'm new, just learning - you'll be right ;-)

I thought open jaw was either to be dfferent and double open jaw was both to be different and all known as multi city.

Either name, it looks better than risking the luggage issue

Reply to: BA Dublin to Las Vegas World Traveller Plus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted