We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This visa for citizen of Cambodia

Level Contributor
19 posts
This visa for citizen of Cambodia

I'm citizen of Cambodia ! In this September I would to spend my holiday for 30 days in Thailand !

As it's my first holiday and also my first fligh so I don't know if I can get 30 days if I enter by airplane without visa ?

Any help please...

Thanks u so much !

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188

Cambodia is listed as a 30 day exemption (near the bottom of the page) provided you have an official passport.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
29,867 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

You receive a 30 day Visa Exemption stamp in your passport when you arrive in Thailand. You should have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of arrival and proof of return flight within 30 days. These are checked by the airline when you first check in. If you have those then no problem.

Enjoy your holiday.

Level Contributor
19 posts
3. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

Yeah I have ! So it's mean I can stay in Thailand with asking visa if I go by airplane right ?

Now I'm very confuse because I went to ask in 2 tourist office but told me different. !

One told me that I have only 14 days with visa free !

And the other office told me I have 30 days to stay if I go with airplane !

Can u tell me how can u tell me because I want to make sure before the holiday !

Thanks u!

Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

And one more problem is I heard that in 29 August 2014 will have new rule of immigration in Thailand ! And this rule don't let foreigner te-enter again ofter stay for 1month!

My Italian bf want to stay with me for 4 weeks in Thailand because he is in G7 so have 30 days to stay there ! But now don't know eith new rule if he can stay with me for 4 weeks and then fly to Singapore for a week then re-enter in thai again for take a fligh for go back to Italy ???

Any information about this ?

Thanks u so much for yr kind :)

Edited: 1:53 am, July 25, 2014
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,867 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

He also is entitled to a Visa Exempt entry for upto 30 days and again should be OK if he has an onward or return flight ticket when he checks in for his flight to Thailand, whether that is the original one or his flight from Singapore. The new rules are intended to prevent the abuse of the Visa Exempt scheme by people using it to stay in Thailand without a valid visa and often work there without a Work Permit. It is not meant to affect genuine tourists. The fact that your boy friend has stayed in Singapore for a week before re-entering Thailand will help prove this.

6. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, July 31, 2014
Edited: 6:05 am, July 31, 2014
Level Contributor
19 posts
7. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

Yeah ! His plan is stay with me for 4 weeks in Thailand and then fly to Singapore for a week for visit his friend ! And then re-enter in Thailand again for take a fly for go back to Italy ! I'm sure of his plan but we just need to know before if I can stay there with visa free for 30 days or not ! And then if everything ok then we can buy the ticket airplane for our holiday !

Can u give some advice for me or any website for confirm this right !?

Thanks u so much for your kind 😊

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,867 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

The rules regarding the proper use of the Thailand Visa Exemption Scheme are not changing> What is happening is that they are being enforced more rigorously and penalties are being introduced for thoswe who who overstay or abuse the system. So the rules as shown on this link to the Thai Embassy website in London will be the same in any country http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/55

If your boyfriend has further doubts he should contact his Thai Embassy in Italy.

Level Contributor
19 posts
9. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

Ok thanks for yr advice 😊

It's really help me !

Thanks 😊

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
1 review
10. Re: This visa for citizen of Cambodia

Hi

a new visa rule change they are considering is to allow tourist to extend their 30 day visa exemption once in country

for another 30 days for a price I think around 1900 baht. don't know when or if they will

do not quote me on this but do your own research