We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Premium Economy

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 6
BA Premium Economy

Has anyone flown BA WT+ from Dfw to Rome? It looks like it's a 747. Worth the extra $$$?

9 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: BA Premium Economy

Yes

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
2. Re: BA Premium Economy

Not from DFW to Rome, but from and to North America a great many times. 'Worth the extra $$$?' It is to me, but others' views will definitely vary.

London, United...
3. Re: BA Premium Economy

BA does not fly a 747 from DFW to Rome

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
4. Re: BA Premium Economy

As a FYI World Traveller Plus is only available on long haul aircraft. So it won't be available on the Heathrow-Rome leg, just DFW-LHR which is the important leg.

I presume if you booked WT+ that you'd be in economy for LHR-FCO, though others may wish to correct me.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 6
5. Re: BA Premium Economy

You are correct. It would be WT+ dfw to lhr only on 747.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 52
6. Re: BA Premium Economy

DFW-LHR is indeed the most important leg. It's funny how that works that way, because isn't CE available on the LHR-FCO sector? I know it doesn't work that way, but you'd think they would adjust the fare matrix to include CE into the shorter sector.

But anyways, I like the BA WT+ product, it's decent and often cheaper than many comparable products

London
reviews: 73
7. Re: BA Premium Economy

CE is available on the second leg, but will only appear as "standard" if you have booked the whole journey in J or F.

However, you are able to upgrade that sector independently if you wish.

Some of BAs LHR-FCO flights are 767s, which have a "proper" CE cabin, as opposed to the curtain on the 320s

Bossier City, LA
reviews: 2
8. Re: BA Premium Economy

I have done the DFW to LHR WT+ and getting ready to do it again next month. To me it is definitely worth it-for the comfort level and the time you save getting off the plane.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 78
9. Re: BA Premium Economy

Worth is subjective. How much money are you willing to pay? The important thing is understanding WT+ benefits. Seat-wise, it's a step up from economy (wider seat, more legroom, foot rest) but it's not anywhere near a lie-flat seat of modern business class. The cabin is quieter as there are less travelers in the section. You get a business class main course for dining, as well as relatively decent wine served in a glass. On a 747, there should be a dedicated restroom to the WT+ cabin.

Reply to: BA Premium Economy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted