We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to lax on Delta

Christchurch, New...
Sydney to lax on Delta

Anyone flown with Delta from Sydney to lax? Just wondering what they are like?

7 replies to this topic
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 180
1. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

Looking at a dummy booking for Nov, it appears that DL is flying 773-ER on that route.

What cabin-class are you thinking about? That can have a major bearing on what the flight will be like.

We did UA SFO-SYD-LAX last July, but the plane was a 742 with 3 cabin-classes. Not much good for telling you how things would be on a DL 773-ER though.

Good luck,

Hunt

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 42
2. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

Are you comparing them to other carriers on that route? What's your priority? Fare, schedule? What class? So many variables.

Of the four carriers that offer direct (others QF, VA, UA), I think they would rank as one of the lower preferences. I've flown QF and UA, both of which were fine, and VA does get a lot of positive feedback.

Economy, isn't any great differences. If you're after a PE product, I'd choose QF or go via AKL and fly Air NZ (you can't include UA E+). Business, again QF

Edited: 6:04 pm, July 23, 2014
Los Angeles...
reviews: 86
3. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

I have flown delta once SYD TO LAX, efficient service, friendly staff, great entertainment (screens on back of all seats) We flew economy and it was a little cramped and the seats were hard. Food was good, I would fly them again.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
4. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

Delta's service is decent, they have been improving their long haul product quite a bit over the past couple of years. The Australia flight is on the 777, lie flat seats in Business Elite, Economy Comfort and Economy seats in the back half, personal AVODs with a pretty good range of choices. Food, well it is airline food. Folks from OZ would probably argue Qantas is better, but Delta provides a pretty darn good product these days on their trans-Pacific runs.

Phoenix, AZ
5. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

<<Food, well it is airline food.>>

That was true of the UA flights, even in GFC (Global First Class). Now, the wines were better, than on many other UA long-hauls, but I had really hoped that at least on the return to the USA, we would get some interesting OZ, or NZ wines. That was not to be however. Such is life.

Though we have not flown DL in years, I do see a lot of positive reviews on several travel sites, and it does seem that they are working to improve their long-haul product.

Hunt

Christchurch, New...
6. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

Thanks guys, we booked with virgin Australia but delta is their partner airline and it a delta flight. We are in Economy seats. I have always gone with Qantas or air nz , but with va airlines it was so much cheaper so decided to give it ago.

Phoenix, AZ
7. Re: Sydney to lax on Delta

If you have not done so, I would definitely sign up for a Delta Sky Miles (think that's their FF program), and make sure to add the # to your reservations. Who knows, you might find yourself in E+? Cannot hurt.

Good luck, and fly safely,

Hunt

Reply to: Sydney to lax on Delta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted